v16 XFILE::CDirectory::Create - Error creating - Why?
Hi,

Why I get this error message?
This folder already exists but empty: C:\Users\aUser\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\cache\scrapers\metadata.universal\

PHP Code:
18:14:51 T:5184   ERRORXFILE::CDirectory::Create Error creating C:\Users\aUser\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\cache\scrapers\metadata.universal\
18:14:51 T:5184   ERRORXFILE::CDirectory::Create Error creating special://temp/scrapers/metadata.universal/ 

PHP Code:
18:14:15 T:7152  NOTICEspecial://xbmc/ is mapped to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi
18:14:15 T:7152  NOTICEspecial://xbmcbin/ is mapped to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi
18:14:15 T:7152  NOTICEspecial://masterprofile/ is mapped to: C:\Users\aUser\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata
18:14:15 T:7152  NOTICEspecial://home/ is mapped to: C:\Users\aUser\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\
18:14:15 T:7152  NOTICEspecial://temp/ is mapped to: C:\Users\aUser\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\cache
18:14:15 T:7152  NOTICEThe executable running isC:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\Kodi.exe 

Addon name: Universal Movie Scraper (My Addons -> Information providers -> Movie information)
Kodi 16.1
Windows 10, 64 bit
Administrator user

Thanks.
Anyone?
Does it relate to write permission or something?
Kinda looks like a permissions issue, Check in C:\Users\aUser\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\cache\scrapers\ if this folder exists "metadata.universal" mine is empty too. A full debug log might show something else.
This folder is deleted when Kodi closed and create when kodi runs.

The main reason I'm checking this error is because I have very strange issue that Kodi crashed during the wake up processes only at the first time after my PC is turned on, while from the second time and on there is no crash. And I don't know why it happens only at this first time that kodi is up.
There are no significant error in the debug log. But usually I see this error of "Error creating C:\" thing
If everything is working correctly it sounds like this error may not be worth worrying about.

If the addon is designed to delete the folder on shut-down and recreate it on launch, then it likely doesn't check for the folder's existence before trying to create it and fails to create something that already exists. But, since it exists, the end result is the same.

You can check this yourself by closing kodi, deleting the folder if it's present, then restart kodi and see if the error is still there (it shouldn't be).

Conversely, close kodi (the folder should be deleted) then create the folder manually and restart kodi. The folder should be there again.

The addon should really handle this itself but looks like it will keep working regardless.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XFILE::CDirectory::Create - Error creating - Why?1