Release Kodi v17.1 “Krypton” - Released

This is the bugfix release for v17.1 “Krypton” which contains our continuous effort to further improve the v17 release. Our team tried to tackle as much of the reported problems as possible with the limited resources we have. We do want to note that since we are just a small team some of the reported bugs might not get fixed due to lack of developers or time. As such we would certainly welcome any developer who has the ability to help us out to try and fix the bugs he or she encounters and submit it to our code base for review. We sure would like to thank every one involved with either development, testing or simply helping out others with answering their questions.

Read more...
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thumbs Up 
Good work with the new updates, Kodi 17 have moved to the future. I have never dreamed it would be good as it is! Big star to everybody Involved in the project. Big GrinBig Grin
The BEST!!!!

I really hope piracy doesn't destroy this!
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
MiniPC: LibreELEC 8.2.1
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion
After update to Kodi Krypton 17.1 on my android tv 5.1 cannot exit kodi but before 17.0 was OK.Any help.
Why "Don’t try to read tags from internet audio streams" ? This is a must, for to know what song are you listening !
just a heads up, some AV programs are false tagging kodi installers as "Trojan.Gen.8!cloud"
why norton recognize this version as Malware ??!! while previous versions all was OK
Uninstall Norton
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Big Grin 
(2017-03-25, 08:50)Martijn Wrote: Uninstall Norton

RoflRoflRofl
Really?!
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
MiniPC: LibreELEC 8.2.1
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion

I expected any answer except this professional one??!!!
Thanks
Kodi v17 “Krypton” Latest Released
Windows 8.1
Kodi 17 will not open, each time I go to open it says "Kodi has quit unexpectedly". Any suggestions?
(2017-03-26, 04:32)koomak Wrote:

Thanks

It's good advice.

"Back in June last year, Google's Project Zero found 25 high-severity bugs in Symantec/Norton security products. "These vulnerabilities are as bad as it gets," said Tavis Ormandy, a Project Zero researcher. "They don’t require any user interaction, they affect the default configuration, and the software runs at the highest privilege levels possible. In certain cases on Windows, vulnerable code is even loaded into the kernel, resulting in remote kernel memory corruption." Over the past five years, Ormandy has found similar vulnerabilities in security software from Kaspersky, McAfee, Eset, Comodo, Trend Micro, and others."

https://arstechnica.com/information-tech...us-is-bad/

The best antivirus is common sense.

Oh, and there's this too:
https://arstechnica.com/security/2017/01...tificates/

Do you really trust a company that assists hackers?
I have been 4 hours at this, trying the Path change, everything?

I even made sure I had all Windows updates (Windows 7 Home Edition) installed. Rebooted, same problem.

Did the Microsoft suggested 'fix' and uninstalled the requested update, rebooted again and nothing. Reinstalled the update after being asked again by the Kodi installer, rebooted and still the same thingHuh??

What is the point in having this as an official release?

I appreciate all the work, time and energy that goes into it, and was I a tester before when I had more time, but surely you don't release until you're sure? Looks like I'm stuck with 17.0 meantime.

Malky
(2017-03-26, 04:32)koomak Wrote:

Thanks
Would you prefer ” tell Norton to fix their crap”
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-03-26, 17:38)Malkthalk Wrote: I have been 4 hours at this, trying the Path change, everything?

I even made sure I had all Windows updates (Windows 7 Home Edition) installed. Rebooted, same problem.

Did the Microsoft suggested 'fix' and uninstalled the requested update, rebooted again and nothing. Reinstalled the update after being asked again by the Kodi installer, rebooted and still the same thingHuh??

What is the point in having this as an official release?

I appreciate all the work, time and energy that goes into it, and was I a tester before when I had more time, but surely you don't release until you're sure? Looks like I'm stuck with 17.0 meantime.

Malky
You haven't actually told us what your difficulty is.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi v17.1 “Krypton” - Released0