Release Kodi v17.1 “Krypton” - Released
противно читать
Everyone should know that Antivirus and antimalware is just unnecessary. Just don't click shit.

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk
Sorry, I went to post and hadn't logged in. It said it would take me back to where I was after login, so assumed it was the same post.

The problem is with the 17.1 install and getting the 'Install Windows update package HuhHuhHuh??' (Something to do with Powershell) which is apparently installed?

Malky
help please, tried to update to 17.1 and get the following error on startup (unable to create application exiting.. I checked posts on deleting the profile but there is no profile folder
Photo 
I use to have Jarvis and worked perfect, now I installed Krypton 17.0 and it don't work, when I click on it it gave me this error, I restart the pc and reinstalled it but give me the same error. Image
(2017-03-28, 04:54)Hildita Wrote: I use to have Jarvis and worked perfect, now I installed Krypton 17.0 and it don't work, when I click on it it gave me this error, I restart the pc and reinstalled it but give me the same error.

Installing Windows Update KB2999226, if you use Windows 7, should fix it.
Rechi, I have 17.0 installed ok.

The problem is with 17.1.

Does your solution solve that?

Malky
Thank you 17.1 run superb on my Windows 8.1 System ,Nividia 1050 graphic and 16g ram, To above error report, 1 your hardware may not work, 2 check what your using on Kodi (make a clean install), 3 sometimes Antivirus is the problem and even Windows. 4 if earlier version worked and not the new one then I'm sure you may have some hardware issue or something installed that should not be in Kodi. The best is a restore of your system and if that do nothing then try a clean install ,One last thing you might check to see so your Antivirus have not blocked kodi 'It is nothing but false positive if it have done so', Hope it get solved.

And thank you again for this Version Smile
Thanks Stefan, (assuming the name).

It seems a bit strange that they should have an installer interrupt like this rather than let the user install and pick up on hardware problems as it is impossible to anticipate every machine/graphics card etc result?

Why not allow the user to install and then get real results from all systems?

If there was a separate thread for this, then it may be easier to analyse could be the main hardware cause(s), if it is, or others? It is better to know what part of the spec of your machine (compared to 1000's of others) could be the problem, if it is?

Seeing failures in real life and getting response from others, helps a lot more in software testing, I know this.

I have just tried the antivirus stuff and excluded every kodi install (including Nightlies).

Malky
Malkthalk

1. This thread is for announcement, not support. It will now be closed as it has done it's job.

2. Your posts are not proper bug reports. You need to post precise error messages and logs, not vague problems.

3. Please start another thread and post something comprehensible and full.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi v17.1 “Krypton” - Released0