Problem with new unfocus anims in lists
Ever since the Unfocus animations were added for lists I've had a problem. Basically, as I move around my fullscreen views (which use Icon panels) the frames don't disappear until they've zoomed back to their original sizes. So I get this trail of unfocus animations playing behind the cursor. Thing is, I don't have any unfocus animations specified.

Do I now have to create some ultra-quick unfocus animation to prevent this happening?

UPDATE: Tried the above and it didn't work anyway. The problem's only affecting the frames, not the icons which use a similar zoom animation. The only obvious difference between those is that the frames use a multi-animation and the icons themselves don't.
try adding reversible=false to the focus animations
Tried it. Didn't work, sadly.
Could you post sample code plus screenshot/video of the issue.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

Video: http://www.nashwanpower.com/download/unfocusoddness.ogg

Code:

Code:
    <focusedlayout height="188" width="92">
              <control type="image">
                  <posx>46</posx>
                  <posy>76</posy>
                  <width>92</width>
                  <height>188</height>
                  <info>ListItem.Thumb</info>
                  <texture>defaulticonposter.png</texture>
                  <aspectratio aligny="center">stretch</aspectratio>
                  <animation effect="zoom" end="29,41,124,256" time="200">Focus</animation>
              </control>
              <control type="image">
                  <posx>32</posx>
                  <posy>46</posy>
                  <width>123</width>
                  <height>229</height>
                  <texture>posterwallframe.png</texture>
                  <animation type="focus">
                <effect type="zoom" start="32,46,123,229" end="8,15,166,310" reversible="false" time="200" />
                    <effect type="fade" start="100" end="0" time="200" reversible="false" delay="2000" />
                  </animation>
              </control>
              <control type="image">
                  <posx>8</posx>
                  <posy>15</posy>
                  <width>417</width>
                  <height>310</height>
                  <texture>posterwallframefull.png</texture>
                  <visible>Container.Column(0) | Container.Column(1) | Container.Column(2) | Container.Column(3) | Container.Column(4)</visible>
                  <animation effect="fade" end="100" time="200" delay="2000">Focus</animation>
              </control>
ah, yeah the same thing is happening on a skin i'm working on too. Haven't actually tried to resolve it, but it did work perfectly until recently
djh_ Wrote:Tried it. Didn't work, sadly.

Just to reconfirm, did you try adding it to all the focus animations in the "focusedlayout" (i.e. not try them individually)?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

Yeah - made it even worse.
Ok this is more for d4rk/jmarshall than anything but Ive noticed that it only does it if you go to the next item before the current one has done the focus animation so it is in effect reversing it anyway
Blush

Oh God, it's all my fault. All of it. Every wasted word of this thread is my fault. I was putting the reversible attribute within the effect tags rather than the animation one. Now it works fine and there's clearly nothing whatsoever wrong with the unfocus code.

Apologies to everyone. I'll get a new build out this evening... and then shoot myself.
NO, don't shoot yourself, punish yourself by writing more code Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with new unfocus anims in lists0