How to launch Kodi 17.1 from Windows 10 file explorer
I need to point Event Ghost at the Kodi 17.1 executable file. First I need to be able to launch it from a directory. I can launch Kodi 17.1 fine from the Windows 10 start menu, but cannot launch it from its location in the Program Files/Windows Apps/XBMCFoundation.Kodi_17.1.0.0_x86_4n2hpmxwrvr6p folder. Is this the correct .exe ?

Initially I ran into permissions problems, but set full control permissions on all the XBMCF* folders, subdirectories and files. Now when I manually run the kodi application I get a box saying "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022)"

To summarize, kodi starts fine from the Windows start menu , but is there an application file somewhere that I can launch kodi from ? If so, where the heck is it ?

Windows 10 has made it so difficult to locate the apps that come from the Windows store as there is no right click "Open file location" option for these apps.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me through this. I've literally spent hours trying to do it.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2536149
Thanks teedubb, but I'm really new to Kodi and pretty new to windows. Any chance you could elaborate more ? I don't know what add on you are referring to or where the Custom Scripts Folder Option is. Is this in kodi ? Also, what does the Kodi-ms-store-launcher.exe do ?
I know its a PIA to spell things out, but I'd be forever grateful if you would !
Sorry, never mind . I got it now, you were just pointing me to the launcher, stuff I didn't understand involved the steam discussion.
Thanks, launcher is just what I needed !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to launch Kodi 17.1 from Windows 10 file explorer1