Win Windows Store Update Error Ox80070216
(2017-03-22, 23:23)scott967 Wrote: Well, to be fair many users may not realize MS has had massive web issues today. Stuff happens.

scott s.

Had to do with Outlook.com and some of it's web services, not the Windows Store apps
(2017-03-22, 20:43)Mnementh Wrote: So the reports all over the internet about issues with all Microsoft online services haven't clued anybody in??

No, it's not installing <insert app name here> so therefore it must be <insert app name here>'s fault...

Genius, that problem has NOTHING to do with this. That issue, which has since been resolved, has to do with Outlook.com and some of their web services, NOT the app store. ALL other apps are updating without this issue. Do yourself a favor, when you have NO idea what you're talking about......... DON'T TALK
Actually all of their services have been up and down like yo yo's but hey you just insult the devs some more I'm sure that'll get you what you want.
From Microsoft: (bolding mine)

Windows 10 KB4016635 fixes display issues and Windows Store error 0x80070216

Microsoft has recently rolled out a new Windows 10 update, patching two more bugs caused by this month’s Patch Tuesday updates. Windows 10 KB4016635 includes only quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update.

More specifically, KB4016635 fixes two issues caused by KB4013429. Many users reported various display issues with CRM 2011 on IE 11, as well as Windows Store errors after installing KB4013429. These bugs should now be history thanks to Microsoft’s latest patch.

Windows 10 KB4016635 replaces KB4015438, which is a patch that Microsoft rolled out on March 20, to fix two bugs caused by the same KB4013429 update. Overall, Microsoft has managed to fix a total of four KB4013429-related issues.

Now would you like to apologise to Martijn for calling him incompetent and a millenial bearing in mind the forum rules you agreed to upon signing up, in particular:

2.1 General conduct
Be civil.
Polite language is required.
Respect the coding efforts of Kodi devs and other coders. Calling a program or add-on “worthless” will be automatically deemed as disrespect.
Respect the efforts of the forum moderators and those answering questions or writing guides. They are working for free in a fairly thankless job.
Make an effort to read any sticky threads in the forum you're posting in, along with FAQs and Online Manuals.
Be patient. Kodi's user base is global and there are many more forum users asking questions than writing answers. Please wait at least 24 hours before bumping your own post unless you have new information to add.
(2017-03-23, 15:01)Mnementh Wrote: Actually all of their services have been up and down like yo yo's but hey you just insult the devs some more I'm sure that'll get you what you want.

Actually, no, NOT ALL their services. SOME of them, NOT the Windows Store Apps, which, as I said, are ALL working and updating besides this one.

https://consumerist.com/2017/03/21/sever...g-outages/

And yea, I'm waiting for the devs to give me what I want, lol. do you bend over for them too? or just sit on your knees. I'm sure when their Warcraft game is done, they'll be happy to give you the time of day
AGAIN, ALL OTHER APPS BESIDES THIS ONE UPDATE FINE. Your problem below is NOT this one

(2017-03-23, 15:07)Mnementh Wrote: From Microsoft: (bolding mine)

Windows 10 KB4016635 fixes display issues and Windows Store error 0x80070216

Microsoft has recently rolled out a new Windows 10 update, patching two more bugs caused by this month’s Patch Tuesday updates. Windows 10 KB4016635 includes only quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update.

More specifically, KB4016635 fixes two issues caused by KB4013429. Many users reported various display issues with CRM 2011 on IE 11, as well as Windows Store errors after installing KB4013429. These bugs should now be history thanks to Microsoft’s latest patch.

Windows 10 KB4016635 replaces KB4015438, which is a patch that Microsoft rolled out on March 20, to fix two bugs caused by the same KB4013429 update. Overall, Microsoft has managed to fix a total of four KB4013429-related issues.
I'm done talking to you and I can see the banhammer coming down fairly shortly
(2017-03-23, 15:15)Mnementh Wrote: I'm done talking to you and I can see the banhammer coming down fairly shortly

Just like you were done thinking in the 3rd grade. OOooooooohh, I'm scared!!! lol. WHAT WILL I DO:Huh You mean a bunch of 20 year old incompetent morons who live with their mom are gonna BAN me?? OH NO!!!!!!!!!! please, putz, grow up and purchase a clue. This was MY post, NOBODY asked for your ignorant uninformed opinions. The problem with forums such as these is that idiots who have NO IDEA WHAT THE HECK THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT feel compelled to run their mouths, flap their gums and chime in with useless posts anyway to justify their pathetic existence, instead of just SHUTTING THEIR IGNORANT MOUTHS
(2017-03-23, 15:18)davidsco27 Wrote: You mean a bunch of 20 year old incompetent morons who live with their mom are gonna BAN me??

Yes. Take a couple of weeks off to think what your mother taught you about respect for other people. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
(2017-03-23, 15:25)Prof Yaffle Wrote:
(2017-03-23, 15:18)davidsco27 Wrote: You mean a bunch of 20 year old incompetent morons who live with their mom are gonna BAN me??

Yes. Take a couple of weeks off to think what your mother taught you about respect for other people. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

how about you get a job where you can afford to move out of your parent's basement, then, get a little experience in the real world, work for the first time in your life, learn some responsibility, and how things really work, THEN come back and run your mouth. Child. See, the problem with morons like you is that you foolishly think you matter, and that anyone besides yourself gives a crap about you. Your software is buggy because your developers are lazy, worthless zeros. Figure that out, and you'll be on your way to a life worth living. Buh bye!
(2017-03-23, 15:25)Prof Yaffle Wrote:

If you can't accomplish anything worthwhile that actually works, DON'T DO ANYTHING AT ALL
Oh, how wrong you are about nearly everything you just wrote. But I guess your cognitive biases have convinced you of how the world works, and no amount of reality would shake that. Oh, that I were but a 20-year old.

You can go away as well. And re-registering, with or without an obscured IP address, is another violation of the forum rules.
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
After some investigation - permanent ban on both accounts. Please don't come back.
God, how can someone be so ridiculous and freaking out about a small issue that exist (or not anymore!?) in an free and open source software. Cant understand... Confused

Anyways, back to topic: I´ll try windows update later on today, afterwards I´ll try to patch/update Kodi again. Will report if its working now or not.
Hi Folks,

unfortunately this error is due to an operating system bug. This issues was introduced with KB4013429 (servicing update 14393.953).

The bug has been fixed now, details and fix are available here:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4016635/windows-10-update-kb4016635

The fix will also roll out broadly with the next serving update for all users. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Stefan Wick
Microsoft - Program Manager - Windows Developer Platform

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows Store Update Error Ox800702161