• 6(current)
Kodi 17.1 not launching after install
My apologies for the breaking of the rules. Purely unintentional I can assure you.
oh man, forgot to add advancedsettings.xml after reinstalling kodi
here is it with debugging enabled
https://pastebin.com/ap4tYzqE

and btw, thanks to everyone trying to help Smile
(2017-04-07, 17:21)tbelina Wrote: oh man, forgot to add advancedsettings.xml after reinstalling kodi
here is it with debugging enabled
https://pastebin.com/ap4tYzqE

and btw, thanks to everyone trying to help Smile

Found that at the end of your log:

Code:
17:18:30.075 T:4800   DEBUG: CRenderSystemDX::InitHooks: D3D11 hook installed and activated.

As it is the last line, I think this is your issue

Kodi 17 need proper DirectX 11 API support in the GPU driver

May need to wait for someone with more knowledge than me on that side but I doubt that an ATI Radeon HD 4550 have this proper support

If someone confirm, then you will have 2 solutions:
-upgrade your GPU
-stick with kodi 16
Moanbag is in da place!
@Gracus yeah, I caught that as well, but my knowledge on the matter is lacking Big Grin
@Gracus I updated Radeon drivers, now it works. thanks everyone for your help Smile
My apologies but did not realise that these were banned addonss. As you can see I am not offay with the extent of the undesirables.
So once again my apologies to whoever it may concern.
I had the same problem and in my case deleting the entire content of the folder %APPDATA%\Kodi works like a charm.
I went to my computer then opened the c drive and did a search for Addons27.db after the comp found it i was running 16.1 at the time deleted it and then ran 17.1 works fine now
I would like to thank Blossom 24 for their contribution highlighted below. The explanation and then what you have to do is all the less experienced are asking for and in stark contrast to the more arrogant contributor who are so self satisfied that they have no time for those trying to learn.

Thank you once again from a 70 year old.

This was the gist of Blossom 24 's contribution

What is %appdata%
It is a shortcut to navigate to the userdata folder. To access it, follow these steps...

1. Right click on the Start Button (bottom left of the screen)
2. Select “Run”
3. Type %appdata% and press OK
4. Windows Explorer will open in the Roaming folder, then continue navigating to Addons27.db as explained in the previous section.
@breightmet

Your welcome. Glad it worked for you.
Good to see you finally listened to instructions instead of repeatedly ignoring them and complaining about how hard everything is.

Hopefully it's now fixed.
Thank you Thank you... Worked!!
hi just upgraded to kodi 17.1 from 16.1 on windows 10 now will not open I do not know a lot about this stuff so some help would be great thanks for your help.
Did you read this> http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=311821
I have the identical situation as Denav:

Jarvis is installed. I downloaded the 17.1 Windows version file, started setup, kept libraries, installed completed.

Kodi will not launch

Unimstalled Kodi and re-installed it with the same result.

I'm using Windows 7

Can anyone identify the problem or fix? Here is my Kodi log:

[edit: pls don't fill forums with user log data] PatK

Great news, I deleted the database file as instructed in a different thread and it worked! I have been searching for this solution for weeks.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.1 not launching after install1