'Lost' KODI
Hi, I had KODI starting from the taskbar. By mistake I managed to unpin it (despite having locked the taskbar), and now I cannot find it. Its not in the recycling bin. I have not unpinned anything before, and don't know where to look. I was not given a warning, so I assume nothing has been deleted?

Hope someone can help me, I am lost without KODI Sad
It's not in the bin because nothing was deleted, just unpinned.

You should find kodi in your start menu; just click start and type "kodi" (no quotes) to show the icon, then right-click the icon and choose "pin to taskbar".
Hi, thanks for the reply. I tried that, but it doesn't show up that way. I did find it in my Program Files (x86) folder, but when trying that is seems to be missing a python27.dll file, and will not run....

I would prefer not to reinstall, for fear of losing (some of) the customizations I have done over the years?
Just wondering what version you are using? Is it possible you have an old XBMC version and the newer Kodi version both installed, and you just selected the wrong directory?
Kodi is kept in C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\Kodi.exe right clicking on the executable will allow you to pin it to the task bar.
(2017-03-23, 02:28)blossom24 Wrote: Just wondering what version you are using? Is it possible you have an old XBMC version and the newer Kodi version both installed, and you just selected the wrong directory?

Hi, I am using an older version (14.2 I believe?), but that is the only one I have ever used, and th eonly one downloaded/installed so that shouldn't be the issue?
(2017-03-23, 04:02)PatK Wrote: Kodi is kept in C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\Kodi.exe right clicking on the executable will allow you to pin it to the task bar.

That's what I did, and that's when I get the python27.dll message.

I guess that means I may need to reinstall? Does that mean that all my work on creating special files for importing my media correctly, modifying the MCEremote and the skins/graphics and so on (cannot remember everythniging as it was done years ago) will be lost? Huh
Quote:modifying the MCEremote
I lost my MCEremote settings in the upgrade from 16.1 to 17. Like you I had set it up over three years ago. It was surprisingly easy to re-install. All the files are still available for download.

Quote:creating special files for importing my media correctly
Not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean your nfo files? Anything in your Source/Media directories should be unaffected.

Do you still have the old v14.2 installer? maybe still in your Downloads folder? Or maybe it is still available for download. You can then reinstall over the top of the existing install. It should then be able to access your userdata folder with all your settings. I would give that a try first.

I am guessing any of the subsequent versions will still see your install and should be able to retrieve your userdata settings and upgrade to the new version.

Be sure to take a backup of your userdata folder first.
(2017-03-23, 09:30)blossom24 Wrote:
Quote:creating special files for importing my media correctly
Not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean your nfo files? Anything in your Source/Media directories should be unaffected.

I needed some extra text/code, maybe called regex or something similar, to import my media correctly, since all my rips are copies of the file structures of the DVDs, not downloaded episodes of TV series for example. But I think I found it in my userfile, so I guess I'll back that up, then put it back after the reinstallation, and the new version will use the old settings?

(2017-03-23, 09:30)blossom24 Wrote: Do you still have the old v14.2 installer? maybe still in your Downloads folder? Or maybe it is still available for download. You can then reinstall over the top of the existing install. It should then be able to access your userdata folder with all your settings. I would give that a try first.

I am guessing any of the subsequent versions will still see your install and should be able to retrieve your userdata settings and upgrade to the new version.

Be sure to take a backup of your userdata folder first.

I DO have the installer, So I (i( back up my userdata folder, (ii) uninstall 14.2, and (iii) reinstall?

Thanks for the help :-)
Quote:I DO have the installer, So I (i( back up my userdata folder, (ii) uninstall 14.2, and (iii) reinstall?

Ummm, I am not sure about item (ii) as I have never needed to do this.

Yes, backup. I would just try installing without (ii) uninstalling.

I think the Mods would be better off answering if any are online.
Theoretically you should be able to just re-install right over top and all will be Jake. But If there's some corruption or gliche it would be smart to copy out the entire roaming folder C:\Users\cgroth\AppData\Roaming\Kodi which contains the userdata folder and the add-ons. With your back-up tucked away proceed to install right over top. I would mention that Kodi 15.2 is a fairly painless update, and should contain some fixes and advantages but don't update until you have this issue setttled out.
Got it working again by following your advice guys, thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
'Lost' KODI1