Khadas s905x Dev Board
Rainbow 
Anyone used the Khadas Vim dev boards for Kodi? Looks to be a all in one cheaper version (at least for me) than the C2. Khadas support Android 7.1, OpenELEC and Ubuntu and looks like its easy enough to boot kszaq LE builds on it to. The pro version includes AC WiFi and 16gb flash and can be purchased from gearbest.

http://khadas.com/vim/
First time I've heard of this one!

Looks good (I'm partial to that PiBow-style case - sidenote: I have 3 of them) so that pic got me Smile

The price seems a bit high-ish though...
Was discussed previously. Some of the Khadas devs were a bit over-eager in promotional terms ISTR...
Price seems solid for people wanting AC WiFi with proper documentation, no idea if kszaq builds support the wifi chip though. They seem to have all sources on github for all OSes, @noggin have they reached out to the kodi dev team?

Read a thread on the LibreELEC forum and its as you say they where a bit to over-eager.
AC Wifi is a bonus for some.

I like the fact of power and reset switches.

I need to analyse for myself the relative costs, gearbest will send very slowly for free, and 16G flash and a casing, C2 is priced in US$ and shipping costs plus eMMC card and case.

Tempted to get one just "for fun".
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
This is a repost from the Budget AML thread....

@chewitt is one of our LibreELEC project leaders

(2017-02-28, 18:26)gouwa Wrote:
(2017-02-01, 10:25)chewitt Wrote: @vibe666

The hardware is probably okay but our experience of the management behind the product hasn't been too great. Their "promotions" (aka support) team registered a number of accounts in the LE forum and started to copy/paste large texts full of URL links in response to any mention of KV and also started to troll other threads as users with "..have you considered this product, it looks suitable" etc. which resulted in our moderation team banning shill "user" accounts and placing a word filter on the forum so Khadas appears as ****** so that anything we've missed doesn't result in a boost to their Google page ranking. One of their accounts (same name we see github commits and the domain reg. in) was left open and we've PM'd a list of conditions for removing the filter if they are interested in redeeming themselves.

On the software side their github repo (which they were so keen to promote) contains a "greatest hits" of community patches for Amlogic devices along with some interesting revert errors so I'd be surprised if it boots and I doubt their LE image runs Kodi particularly well. The only major positive I can say about KV is their behaviour and messy repo has made our team think more seriously about how to handle third parties who misuse our brand. As things currently stand LE does not want to be associated with their attempt at our software.

Caveat Emptor.

Hi, Chewitt:
This is Gouwa from Khadas team. First of all, I'm so sorry for the wrong promotion ways our guys did, and I have told them to stop similar promotion ways, so things like that will never happen again.

I'm also a developer before and now, honestly speaking, I'm also quite hate thus promotion information when I search and view necessary contents on pages. I should take more time on Kodi & LE community, so I could found this problem and stop it earlier. So, sorry here again.

In the future, Khadas team will keep opening, and will do our best to provide better products and user experience. At the same time, our team will also try to take part in the Kodi & LE open source community.

(2017-03-23, 05:32)nickr Wrote: Tempted to get one just "for fun".
Then again maybe not.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I was tempted to get this for Ubuntu coz it was built for this board but maybe not a good idea. I tried the generic s905 Ubuntu builds but it was slow.

Still seems like a great board if only they reached out to the teams properly instead of spamming.
It's nice to see a dev board with all the ports on the back.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Khadas s905x Dev Board0