Resume From..., Start From Beginning....
could have sworn there was a settings option to turn this off and instead just have the movie file play when you click it, but for the life of me i can't seem to find it, i'm using kodi.... if there's not an option, does anyone know where the xml code is so i can just remove it?

edited for specificity (movie files).
i guess this is the setting i was thinking about, but it doesn't seem to work correctly, if i set the setting to "play" i still get a popup (context?) menu when i click a movie asking if i want to play or resume, i would think the "choose" setting would cause this behavior...

Settings/Player Settings/Discs/Blu-ray Playback Mode/Play Main Movie
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2017-03-23, 17:18)brazen1 Wrote: Settings/Player Settings/Discs/Blu-ray Playback Mode/Play Main Movie
thanks for the reply but i guess i should have been more specific... i'm referring to movie files, have no prob with how discs are handled, when i click on a movie file i don't want to get yet another option/choice, i just want the movie to play...

btw, not all keyboard shortcuts don't seem to work when on the movie home page, for example if i highlight a movie poster and click the "p" key (play) or "i" key (info) nothing happens, but if i do the same on a movie list they work fine...

anyway, seems like the dialog code for (resume from... start from beginning...) would be something like an "onclick" or string thing that could easily be replaced with a play alternative once the code location is identified, so if anyone knows where the code lives please let me know, haven't had any luck identifying it yet...
using an external player seems to be a simple workaround, which as it turns out i'm liking more than the internal player and the dsplayer, especially now that i'm only using kodi in fullscreen mode (didn't like the external player option when i was using windowed mode)... was able to skin potplayer nicely and it employs madvr, so all good, also, not sure why, it potplayer just seems snappier than the internal player and dsplayer, the seekbar and menus just seem to be much more responsive.... of course for it to work completely it look like i'll have to launch all of the movies i've already started and fast forward them to the end to get rid of the resume/start from beginning popup, once done the popup no longer seems to appear.....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resume From..., Start From Beginning....1