Sony Android TV 6.0.1 - External player can not open files from SMB
I have my files on a Qnap NAS (SMB share) and i want kodi to play video files over the sony video player.

My settings:

Code:
<playercorefactory>
        <players>
                <player name="Video" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
                        <filename>com.sony.dtv.osat.video</filename>
                        <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
                        <playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>
                </player>
        </players>
        <rules action="prepend">
                <rule video="true" player="Video"/>
        </rules>
</playercorefactory>

I think the code is ok, because i can play the same files over USB, but not over network. Kodi tries to open the video file, shows for a second a black screen and then shows the file window.
Using EsFileExplorer or other file manager to open files on network and playing over sony player works always.

Can someone give me a hint how to get it working? I will add log later.
Sony KD-65XF9005 ATV 2018 SonyFW [actual crappy / buggy version] - Sony STR-DN1070 - NVIDIA SHIELD TV [2017]
You are simply delegating all playback to the Video app, including the reading of the media file, which the Video app does not support over SMB.
OK, how to put a exception to keep SMB reading in Kodi?
Sony KD-65XF9005 ATV 2018 SonyFW [actual crappy / buggy version] - Sony STR-DN1070 - NVIDIA SHIELD TV [2017]
It would be also great, when kodi would mark watched files and to continune playback when a video was not watched to the end.
I assume Kodi has hardly any control over external players, so it can't tell it where to resume but just to play that file. Using an external player will never be a good solution...
I noticed that when the sony player plays a video from SMB (opened via file browser) there is not file name, just "Streaming is running"
Any idea how to pass the smb files to the sony player?
Here is a debug-log: Link
The Android version of VLC supports networked sources, but I don't see how this is a Kodi issue once you've delegated the job of playing a video with an external player.
Yes i know, but VLC have some stuttering issue on my TV. Now i am using Kodi v15.2 for video playback.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sony Android TV 6.0.1 - External player can not open files from SMB0