Android Please help! Errno 16
So I recently purchased a new m9s pro 2/16 and installed new version of kodi and all my add ons without any problems. I just got in a new m9s pro 3/16 from another vendor and I tried to do a fresh restart of kodi and every time I install ANY add ons besides the ones that were pre configured on the box I get a message saying;
/userdata/database/
[errno 16] device or resource busy:
'/storage/emulated/0/android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/

I'm pretty new to this so if you know what's going on could someone please fill me in? I've been struggling with this all day and haven't found any solutins to this online.

My only guess is maybe the seller of the device made permanent changes to the device. I tried doing a NEW START and everything just automatically installs again. I tried to do a factory reset on the device and nothing is going away. Could it be because it's rooted?
Which add-ons are you talking about? Would some or all of them be found on the banned addons (wiki) list, in violation of our forum rules (wiki), given your comment about fresh start?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Well I don't see fresh start on that list anywhere... I don't know what you use kodi for but I just use it to check the time and date. Sometimes I get edgy and check the weather though. but any and all add ons. Auto update, radio, velocity, weather etc. anything I try. And then it says add on is incomparable due to unmet dependencies. Would you like to disable it on your system?
Oh I do see it there now. My bad. I didn't use it, It was an example of what I would not use. Sorry for the misunderstanding sir
What program do you suggest to get a clean install of kodi? There was only one add on I have seen that does that. Doesn't seem like a program that deletes everything would be a bad thing. Is there something I'm missing?
Close Kodi, delete, rename or move the .kodi folder you mentioned in your first post then restart.

That will give you a clean install which will rebuild all the missing items.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Where and how do I move that folder? Will that fix my issues?
Use a file manager outside Kodi. Doesn't matter where you put it.

That will reset your Kodi to vanilla, presuming it's the plain version from us rather than one messed about with by someone.

Kodi Blog Posts
Ok I will try that. I honestly have no idea what it is. I bought the device on eBay and they pre loaded it with a ton of garbage that I haven't been able to delete. I tried to delete kodi 16.1 and reinstall kodi 17.1 from the play store and all the add ons just keep trying to install again.
Ah a fully loaded piece of junk. See here for more on that subject.

You'll almost certainly have to either wrote the thing and start again with a sideload of the Kodi apk (download from the link at the top of the page here, see the manual but in HOW-TO:Install Kodi for Android (wiki) for more details. Or alternatively send the thing back for a refund, and tell the seller they are breaking the team Kodi Official:Trademark Policy (wiki) by selling preloaded crap.

Kodi Blog Posts
Yea. I tried to move the folder and still the same thing. I don't know what they did but I don't like it. I contacted the seller and he's begging me not to get a refund. Looks like I might have to report him if he doesnt want to refund me.
Get your refund then give us his details so we can deal with him longer term.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-03-25, 08:21)DarrenHill Wrote: Get your refund then give us his details so we can deal with him longer term.

Perhaps a 'Wall of Shame' page should be added to the wiki with the info of sellers such as this one. Similar to the banned add-ons page.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Redbox | NEWSnet | NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
Photo 
After some digging around the device I realized he flashed it with his own custom firmware. I then looked online and the box he sold me was a different box with a new shell. It was the m9s pro 3/32. It's like pulling teeth to try and get my refund. I'm probably going to have to open a claim against him. Where is a legit place to buy these boxes without being "fully loaded"? Seems like anywhere I look, they have all been modified.

Notice he spelled outlet wrong. He doesn't speak English very well in his messages
eBay Seller: outletestore
That's about all I know of him
Also I like that wall of shame idea

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please help! Errno 160