Can't update my Movies tab
First off, I'm running Kodi Krypton v17.1 on my Windows 7 64 bit PC as my host. I'm trying to add all my movies into my "Movies" section on Kodi. When I enter the movies tab on my PC it says "Your library is currently empty. In order for populate it with your personal media, enter "Files" section and add a media source and configure it. ETC. ETC.ETC."

I have entered all my media sources in the Settings>Media Settings>Library>Videos sections with my multiple hard movies folders. All my various hard drives have media folders with each folder in that directory containing a separate folder for each movie. I've tried numerous settings in to update my library and never do my movies show up in the "Movies" main tab. It always gives me that same "Your library is empty..." message in the Movies tab.

How can I add the movies to this tab? Thank you !
Interesting problem.

When you navigate to Settings>Media Settings>Library>Videos, I assume that you can see a list of your sources? If yes, click on one of your movie sources. Do you see a list of movies?

When you back out of that movie list, call up the context menu for one of your movie sources and select "Change Content" When the settings box pops up, the first line is "This directory contains..." Does it say "Movies"?

lets start with those answers first.
I was trying to post some pics of the various screens but the site won't allow me to. I'm guessing that is because I'm a new member.

Anyways, I do see a list of sources, if I click on on a movie it goes to that movies folder, I have a unique folder for each of my movies in my movies folder. I.E. My source is to a folder on my HD that is labeled "Movies" then in that directory I have about 1000 more folders uniquely named for a certain movie, within that folder holds the actual movie file.

If I back out to the parent "Movies" folder and open a context menu then all the settings are default, so it doesn't say the directory contains movies. I have changed that setting to movies but after it updates all of my directories it still remains blank on the "Movies" context menu. Its like it won't save the settings. I've restarted Kodi but the context still remains default to nothing on the folders context menu.
(2017-03-24, 12:05)djdelirius Wrote: If I back out to the parent "Movies" folder and open a context menu then all the settings are default, so it doesn't say the directory contains movies. I have changed that setting to movies but after it updates all of my directories it still remains blank on the "Movies" context menu. Its like it won't save the settings. I've restarted Kodi but the context still remains default to nothing on the folders context menu.

Ok go back into "change content" and change that setting from "none" to "Movies". On the next line ensure TMDB is the scraper.

NOW, very important next step... Make sure you move the cursor over to the right and select "Ok". Do this for each of your sources.

Then go into the "Movie" tab on the Home screen. It will still be empty. On your remote control press the left arrow and a settings box will pop out from the left side of the screen. One of the options at the bottom of the list is "update library" select this.

Be aware that for your 1000+ movies, it will take a number of hours to complete. Make sure you have an Internet connection and best to let it run overnight.
I tried the update library function and it only takes milliseconds to complete but the movies tab still has the your library is currently empty after that.
If you check the "this directory contains" is it set to movies?

What format are your movies?
The wik,i needs to be updated to reflect the skin Estuary, but if you can follow the illustrations along, perhaps ti would be the solve Adding video sources (wiki) Looking at your written methodology I couldn't see the flaw. I did see some anomalies that stand out, like 1000 movies in one source. Visualize listing 35 pages of files in one directory and you'll see the very act of listing becomes a bottle neck for all kinds of system operations, from simple redrawing the screen, sorts, to operations. I try and keep my sources to ~100 listings to keep things spiffy. I name my sources as genre, but some use ABC etc and refreshing an individual source becomes fast and easy. Let's try this by the numbers and we might spot the gremlin in Estuary.

1) Load up Kodi, roll over the 'videos' button
2) Under categories at the top you should see 'files' click it.
3) Any sources will show up here, if not use the add-sources icon and add at least one.
4) Check the images to see that 1-4 look the same

At this point you should get a requester giving you some indication of scanning operation?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't update my Movies tab1