FireStick Setup Help - Black Screen
Hi everyone, any help or advise is appreciated.

I just bought a new Amazon firestick 2nd generation and downloaded Kodi Krypton v17.1 last night. When I load Kodi, the first run load screen appears, but after it is done loading, the screen goes black. When I click around on my remote, I can hear the clicks like I'm actually in the app, but I can't see anything as my screen is complete black. Things I've tried:
- Force Stop
- Clear Cache
- Clear Data
- uninstall and reinstall
- Reset my firestick to factory default settings and redownloading kodi

Again, since I can hear the clicks while I'm in kodi, it leads me to believe that it's working, but I don't know why my screen is black. My tv is over 10 years old, so don't know if that's the issue. Was going to try it on a newer tv when I get a chance.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Have you installed the latest Fire OS update? Should be automatic, but make sure you are running the latest firmware. Definitely try another tv so you can rule out the tv as being the problem.

EDIT: Same issue from another thread, dev recommended try removing guisettings.xml. That user originally had the latest stable build of 16 and it ran fine on his fire stick 2, but when he upgraded to 17 he was having the same issue you are having.
Yup, I checked for update on the fire OS and it was up to date already. I'll try removing guisettings.xml tonight thanks!
Deleted guisettings.xml...still doesn't work

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FireStick Setup Help - Black Screen0