17.1 multiple monitors
I was running successfully all versions until 17 with 3 screens of different resolutions: main computer: Samsung Syncmaster2333HD, at 1080P on DVI, secondary computer Gateway FPD1530 on VGA at 1024/768 and my TV Sony KD34XS955 tube TV at 1080i. With this version KODI doesn't seem to see the different resolutions so when I go to screen 3 full it tries to go 1080P and it's not supported on the TV. In the meantime I reinstalled Jarvis 16.1 and everything works again. Also in this version it's tricky to get to video and audio system settings. PS Still running 1.1 XBMC via a 9 year old CaptiveWorks CW3000HD. Wonderful software.
Quite the handful with all three, didn't see mention of gfx card or connection in use. I'll assume that you are not multi-tasking all these displays. One wonders what resolution you are using for your desktop, and that if set-up through the graphic card, Kodi full screen windowed mode might work out. Alternative would be a bat file to use display switch specified for each display with a 'full screen' definition. Most of these multi-monitor set-ups are highly dependant on the hardware, drivers and what the displays will accept.
I'm using an AMD A8-7600 (4C+6G cores) which has an onboard Radeon R7, all 3 screens ara operated at native resolutions. This was specifically chosen for the home theater capacity. Gaming capacity was not a criteria. On 16 and before everything runs perfectly the only thing is having to manually assign Screen 3 to KODI for movie viewing. But then KODI automatically ajusted resolutions when changing screen. On 17.1 it tries to see all screens as 1080p so when it goes on my HDTV which needs 1080i the screen is black 1080p being an unsupported resolution. By the way the road to screen 3 is through a Yamaha RX-V1075 using WASAPI audio setting. As I said besides having to set manually for movie playback everything is perfect with 1080p files played at 1080i. When I have 720p DTS I go straight through the Captiveworks on XBMC 1.1 but it stutters with 1080p files so I use the more complex path through my desktop.
Still a very happy camper I just would like 17 to work as 16 and previous did. I really appreciate your product. This is the device I also use exclusively for HI-res audio files (192-24, DSF, 88-24 Flac etc...) I then use the iPhone app to control it.Music
Quote:I really appreciate your product.
This is a community effort, open sourced, a culmination of many people and everyone works for free. We appreciate your input and work rounds you have mentioned here. If you can find solutions, posting them for others would be great. I suspect that setting up your desktops independently, and using windowed feature might bring some joy, but without a bat file to specify screen res and interlace factors, it's serendipity that it would work.
I guess I just happened to be lucky so far, I'll look in that .bat file suggestion with my computer guru because that's currently beyond my capacity at this time, Thanks for the info. If I find an easier way to get it running with all settings implemented I think my kids will appreciate. When I try to teach them to use it they run away!
You didn't way what OS version you are running nor how you have your desktop set up in windows/graphics settings. that I think would be the first thing. Next, you may need to examine the EDID that each display is sending to the graphics system. I personally run Kodi on a win 8.1 box with nvidia and there the computer monitor is primary/display 1 (DVI) and the AVR secondary/display 2 (HDMI) with windows set to extended desktop. It works OK except when I turn on the TV/AVR (while Win 8.1 is running) it takes a few seconds with screen flashing before the new desktop is displayed properly (now across the 2 displays) and if Kodi is running in "full screen windowed" it typically will be sized wrong after moving from the computer monitor to the TV (using the "\" key to toggle windowed and back to full-screen windowed fixes it).

scott s.
I'm running Windows 8.1 and all screens as extended desktop. Full screen selection on all 3 screens works perfectly in 16.1, I select the display and KODI switches resolution and framerate according to the selected display. The setup is: main computer: Samsung Syncmaster2333HD, at 1080P on DVI, secondary computer Gateway FPD1530 on VGA at 1024/768 and my TV Sony KD34XS955 tube TV at 1080i on HDMI via a Display port output and a DP to HDMI adaptor since the HDMI and DVI outputs are on the same circuitry in the motherboard / processor assembly. The Motherboard is ASUS A88X-Pro all 3 are connected to the onboard Radeon R7 graphics of the AMD A8-7600 via the motherboard connections. When the Sony TV is off the RX-V1075 receiver is seen as a display, When I turn the TV on I lose video on my computer for about 3 seconds as the graphics adapt to the change caused by the 1080i Tube TV. But everything ends up properly sized. The only time it doesn't is if I connect to my computer from my laptop via remote desktop.When I reconnect directly to my computer I have to reboot to bring the displays back to normal. I haven't tried to run KODI in remote desktop.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
17.1 multiple monitors1