v17 STOP!! BE AWARE OF THIS VERSION!!!
Exclamation 
Version 17.1 is apparently not ready for primetime on Mac. I tried to install this on two identical Mac Mini setups. Krypton installed successfully on the first Mac but completely wiped out my Movie and TV sources even though the sources.xml file still has them listed (Krypton completely ignoring files now?). Keying in the sources again starts me with a fresh all "unwatched" library with no "watched" history. Krypton installed successfully but always crashed on startup on the second Mac. Tried rebooting, reinstalling, and re-downloading the installation file without any success. It never even makes it to the splash screen. Reverting back to Jarvis 16.1 on both Mac Minis allowed the software to run again and also returned all the sources without issue. However, I now notice after going back to Jarvis 16.1 and clicking on System - Settings that most of the menu selections are missing. Only have Addons, Services, and System, the rest are now missing!!! So this Krypton 17.1 apparently has corrupted the Jarvis 16.1 installation. So there's no going back. Don't even think about not backing up on this one. I'll probably just delete everything and start all over again to get out of this nightmare. VERY disappointed!

Now to add salt to the wound, it's been decided to completely change the default skin in this 17.1 version. As many of you probably already know, your wifey and kiddos are not going to be too happy about this at all. After all, one of the reasons KODI is so popular is its consistency and straightforwardness of navigation that allows really anybody in the family to watch movies and TV shows with having the tech nerd to do it for them. The last thing you want to do is cause a bunch of headaches for everyone by changing up the default look and feel of what they've been used to for years. Just beware if you're thinking of upgrading from a prior version.

These are the identical specs for both Mac Minis that I tried to install Krypon on in case you are wondering:
Mac Mini 2011
macOS Sierra 10.12.3
8 Gig Memory
Intel HD Graphics Card
512 Gig HD
I understand your concern, But this is not the way to put it out here ? Yes there are problems, yes they need to be solved. But not with topic names like this imho.
I have almost exactly the same system, mac mini 2011 HD3000 16GB RAM, and none of these problems.

So please provide a debug log http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file for your systems and lets try to figure it out together.
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
(2017-03-25, 19:59)Waltman Wrote: I understand your concern, But this is not the way to put it out here ? Yes there are problems, yes they need to be solved. But not like this imho.
I have almost exactly the same system, mac mini 2011 HD3000 16GB RAM, and none of these problems.

So please provide a debug log http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file for your systems and lets try to figure it out together.

I will try to get a log file. It will require me to go back to try to install this again. Does a log file get generated if KODI crashes on start up?
And for your last point, whilst Estuary is the default new skin, Confluence is still available and can be installed from the official repo if you want that instead.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
#1 No, Kodi can not generate a log if it crashes directly. You need to add lines to Advancedsettings to do that. Please follow this http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced

#2 This truly has the broken database feel to it. Can you reinstall and Delete the databases before startup ?

1. you can find the kodi folder in the hidden user data folder Userdata (wiki) the kodi folder is in application support
2. copy addons20.db, addons26.db. addons27.db to another folder location
3. delete addons20.db, addons26.db. addons27.db from the kodi folder
4. restart kodi
5. report back so we can get the files from you through email / dropbox

#3 as soon as kodi is running get confluence and enjoy as it was. (I have been on aeon nox forever)
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
Mistake posting
(2017-03-25, 20:43)DarrenHill Wrote: And for your last point, whilst Estuary is the default new skin, Confluence is still available and can be installed from the official repo if you want that instead.

Though you will find that even with Confluence on Krypton, some things are not exactly the same as they were in prior versions of Kodi.
Kodi Matrix on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
delete your newest myvideos.db file. not all, just the newest. re launch kodi 17 and give it time to update the video db.
(2017-03-26, 10:48)Pantsenu Wrote: delete your newest myvideos.db file. not all, just the newest. re launch kodi 17 and give it time to update the video db.

if you want to try this, only delete myvideos107.db belonging to Kodi 17 "krypton" see also http://kodi.wiki/view/Database/Version But please try my posting above first.
(2017-03-26, 00:13)MetalChris Wrote:
(2017-03-25, 20:43)DarrenHill Wrote: And for your last point, whilst Estuary is the default new skin, Confluence is still available and can be installed from the official repo if you want that instead.

Though you will find that even with Confluence on Krypton, some things are not exactly the same as they were in prior versions of Kodi.

Yes, I most certainly would have to do this to keep peace with the family. However, I believe installing this Krypton skin may have been what corrupted the Jarvis interface when I rolled back. I've experienced this sort of skin problem in the past with earlier versions of KODI.
(2017-03-25, 20:54)Waltman Wrote: #1 No, Kodi can not generate a log if it crashes directly. You need to add lines to Advancedsettings to do that. Please follow this http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced

#2 This truly has the broken database feel to it. Can you reinstall and Delete the databases before startup ?

1. you can find the kodi folder in the hidden user data folder Userdata (wiki) the kodi folder is in application support
2. copy addons20.db, addons26.db. addons27.db to another folder location
3. delete addons20.db, addons26.db. addons27.db from the kodi folder
4. restart kodi
5. report back so we can get the files from you through email / dropbox

#3 as soon as kodi is running get confluence and enjoy as it was. (I have been on aeon nox forever)

Looking at KODI.log, I see it was having problems with addons27.db. After going to this file, I noticed it was 0 bytes in size. I've replaced this file with a working version and now Krypton starts up just fine. I'll try implementing Krypton again, is there a special way to make sure it retains my TV and Movie sources from Jarvis?
At frist launch kodi 17 converts myvideos99.db (from kodi 16) to myvideos107.db but it only does this once. If you want to do this again, you have to delete the myvideos107.db as suggested by pantsenu.
Or you can rescan your sources.

oh, and perhaps change the tilte of this topic to something less drastic ?
Mind changing that title? I find it way to aggressive imo - you should have posted your problems and ask for help instead of generalisation here ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
STOP!! BE AWARE OF THIS VERSION!!!0