Hard drive crashed.. is there a way to find out what I lost in that?
One of my 2TB drives went out and I am wondering if there is a way to compare either the data base or if I can export my database files to a single file and then clean my video library and compare what I have lost?
Ouch that's got to hurt.

Don't know about exporting to a file, but a quick reference would be going to your list of sources in Settings and then selecting the Movie source that is mapped to that drive. The library will then show you a list of movies that was on that drive. (or TV Shows or Music)

What sort of error messages did you get with the drive? Are you familiar with Smartmon Tools? https://www.smartmontools.org/
My sincere condolences for your loss of data. Blossom24 got it nailed to get a list of your lost files.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
Yes creating a smartplaylist using the path rule will pull up all the listings. I take it the drive has some hardware failure?
I so far have been running an extended smart report. Hoping that will give me some clues on the failure.
My idea was to export my library as a single file, Then clean my library and export the library again to a single file and compare both files. Just not sure if or what will read those exported files.

What do you mean by a playlist, or how to get the comparison between two playlist? One before I clean and one after?

I should say that the disk in question was part of a larger drive pool. So looking at source really doesn't do me much good since it will show all media associated with the drive pool.
I was thinking of using MS Access to run a Find Unmatched Query by importing the MyVideos107.db from your userdata folder from before and after the clean.

That sounded feasible, until I just tested it and MS Access refuses to import the SQL database. Maybe a Mod could give further advice?
I exported my video database as one file. I haven't cleaned my library yet and my videodb.xml is 135 megs. But that includes all tv, movie, music videos and I think music titles.
With that info I think notepad++ has a compare plugin that will let me compare two xml files side by side.
I just don't want to clean library until I am certain that will work.

No real loss except to re-rip my disks. Just would like to know which disks to get out of storage to be prepared for that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hard drive crashed.. is there a way to find out what I lost in that?1