Bug Various issues with Wireless Xbox One gamepads in Kodi
After I upgraded from Kodi 16 to Kodi 17, Kodi finally got support for Wireless Xbox One gamepads (I had to install Addons via Game add-ons/Controller Profiles and then install Default Controller).

The Xbox One gamepads works mostly fine, but I'm missing the iconic clicking-noises while I'm navigating the menus, as I always get while using the keyboard to navigate. There is simply no sound at all while I navigate the menus with my Xbox One gamepads. I didn't have that issue with prior versions of Kodi back when I used wireless Xbox 360 gamepads.

I have also gotten a very odd issue while launching some applications via third-party plugins (Advanced Launcher) while using an Xbox One gamepad. Most emulators and such works fine and all, but for some emulators and applications that I've made a shortcut for in Advanced Launcher, namely DosBox and Commander Genius (source port of the Commander Keen games), as soon as I launch the selected application withing Advanced Launcher inside Kodi, the game controller is still active in Kodi after I have started the application.

That makes me starting all sort of games/emulators while I'm playing a game that I quick-launched from Kodi (Advanced Launcher). That have never happened before while I used older versions of Kodi with Xbox 360 gamepads.

I have also installed the newest Kodi 17.1 release.

Edit: PC specs: Windows 10 64 bit, GeForce GTX 1080, i7-4790K, 16 gb ram
It seems like this affects SDL applications, as both the affected applications runs under SDL (DosBox and Commander Genius). You don't even need the old Advanced Launcher addon installed in Kodi for replicating this issue; you would only need to have Kodi open and running in the background and the selected SDL application running in fullscreen to create this "dual affect" with the Xbox One gamepad (one gamepad to control them all).

I run Kodi in windowed Fullscreen mode, as this is the most convenient way in Kodi while launching external application from any kind of program launcher application (disabling windowed Fullscreen mode does not make Kodi reappear automatically after exiting an application).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Various issues with Wireless Xbox One gamepads in Kodi1