• 1(current)
Win Issues with Kodi 17.6 / Leia 18.2 : Calibration Video settings not used on restart
Exclamation 
I've decided to upgrade from 16.1 to 17.1.
First, not an issue, i must said that i don't like the new interface, if possible i would i have the possibility to stay with the previous, but if possible, i've not found out how, so i'll deal with it.

First issue : Moderate. Having a plasma TV screen, i need ScreenSaver. I use the screensaver.xbmc.slideshow-2.0.1.zip, and have also installed the script.module.simplejson-3.3.0.zip because it seems that it's needed by this last release. Works fine with 16.1. When i hit "preview" in 17.1 in the configuration menu, all i have is a black screen. I've retreived both files form the "krypton" directory of the addons link.

Second issue : Major, and it's strange nobody reported it... Or is it introduced in 17.1 ? (Never tried the 17.0). So, having a TV screen, i set the display settings to adjust the screen to compensate the overscan of the TV, yesterady.
Today i restart the PC, start Kody and... All my settings were gone. I've then immediatly rolled-back to 16.1, this issue is major for me.

That's all i have to report. I think both are probably very easely reproducible on any Windows PC.

Otherwise, keep going your great job guys, Kodi is still for me the best player to use on a totaly fully stand-alone platform, with a remote control to pilot it.
I can't help with your moderate/major issues, but you can get the old look-and-feel by simply installing Confluence as a skin.

Settings -> Interface Settings -> Skin -> Get More -> Confluence
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
First issue) You might need to pick a new screen blanker, it's possible the one you picked is no longer 17.1 compliant.

Second issue) Likely that something in your system is not working correctly with 17.1 and the settings revert back to default. Proper debug log (wiki) posted to a public pastebin and that URL linked back to this thread might have a clue. [It's Kodi not Kody]

Quote:I think both are probably very easely reproducible on any Windows PC.

I can't confirm this, no issues with Krypton. I suspect you are carrying older 'extras' that are depreciated, consider a fresh start.
screensaver.xbmc.slideshow appears to be abandoned / deprecated in favor of screensaver.picture.slideshow "Picture Slideshow Screensaver". Install from Kodi repo.

scott s.
Ok, thanks for your informations, i'll test these when i'll have time again. I suppose i can get the Confluence zip file addon from the addons directory ? (The system running Kodi is totaly offline).
(2017-03-27, 10:01)jpsdr Wrote: The system running Kodi is totaly offline.
The mirror system is up for me, The Confluence skin is installed directly inside Kodi from settings>add-ons>install from repository>Kodi add-on repository>Look and Feel>Skin>Confluence. If you meant that your Kodi install doesn't have an internet connection then http://addons.kodi.tv/show/skin.confluence/ will allow you to pick it up and install from zip.
Upgraded 16.1 to 17.1 last weekend. Could not watch anything as I had buffering issue so left and moved on. Yesterday I had another issue of ' Video being shaky - ( its not like being paused and restart but actually shaky video) Initially I thought might be because of bad print so I went on youtube and played video. It did same shaky video but same youtube video was playing great on direct fire stick youtube app.

Anyone has seen this issue or any leads to resolve ?

Replay appreciated.
Proper debug log (wiki) requested.
I am stuck on first step "Download the Debug log uploader add-on:
Inside of Kodi go into Programs → Get more... → Kodi Logfile Uploader and click on "Install"

Where do I find Program in new 17.1

Regards!!
Go to Add-ons > Dowload > Program add-ons > Kodi Logfile Uploader.
Thanks PatK and Rechi for help and support

It was stupid problem from my tv resolution- fps was 50; lowered it to 25 and looks like it solved issue
So, i've done what you suggested, try from a full fresh clean start.
After install, i've set the display setting to compensate the overscan (48,26) / (48,26) was the result settings i have.
Log file is here.
You can see the result is Ok, overscan don't crop anymore :

Then, i exit Kodi, restart it and result is this :
The settings are gone, as it can obviously be seen, the overscan crop again.
Log file is here.

I would i've like to step to 17.1, but for now i'm rolling back to 16.1...Sad
Quote:I would i've like to step to 17.1, but for now i'm rolling back to 16.1

Fair enough, but does this happen if you turn on the TV display prior to launching Kodi?
TV and audio receiver are On prior turning On the PC (otherwise they may not be detected afterward and Windows will find no screen at all on startup...), and stay on all the time.

Minor thing i've noticed. The 1rst time i run Kodi 17.1 (or when i start it from scratch, without the "Kodi" directory created in "roaming" of users), it "crashes" (Windows message telling me that Kodi stoped running), screen is totaly black, i have to kill Kodi in task manager. After, it's not doing it anymore.
So, have you been able to see something in the log files i've provided ? Rolleyes
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues with Kodi 17.6 / Leia 18.2 : Calibration Video settings not used on restart2