• 2(current)
Win Issues with Kodi 17.6 / Leia 18.2 : Calibration Video settings not used on restart
While in Kodi on your TV hitting the backslash "\" key should bring Kodi windowed mode, at that point windows desktop is correct? If you find the same problem with your desktop, then you need to adjust the desktop display to fit the TV as 1920x1080 if your TV supports that size, Keep in mind the TV itself might have an overscan setting that could be part of the issue. Once the desktop is set-up correctly, Kodi can be adjusted and should hold this size if the Extended Display Identification Data (EDID) is sent to the PC to allow it.
TV has overscan (this is why i use "Video Calibration" to adjust the size to compensate the overscan), so my desktop also has overscan, and is cropped. My desktop is set to 1920x1080.
After "Video Calibration", on Kodi, everything is fine, except that when i exit it and restart it, all the settings are gone.

EDIT
I've just tested and installed 17.1 on my standard PC (the one i'm writing here), totaly different screen and configuration, and i can reprodure the issue... I'll try tomorrow at work, on a third totaly different PC/Screen configuration.
The only thing which will stay the same is the OS : Windows 7 SP-1 x86.
That's realy odd you can't reproduce, it seems so much reproducible... Have you done the following ?
System -> Display -> Video Calibration.
Set a very reduced size, to half the size of the screen, and put subtitle position inside the adjusted size, for consistancy. After it, the Kodi Interface will be very small. Exit and restart, user interface is gone back to it's original size...
I calibrate the video :
So now the UI is very small :
I exit and restart Kodi :
UI is back to normal size...Huh
My settings are gone, reset to (0,0)...Confused

This is on the other PC, not the one with the TV.
@Goofyhoober69 your message has been moved to a new thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=311979
@jpsdr

I do see the issue noting: "my desktop also has overscan, and is cropped. My desktop is set to 1920x1080." Which is the root of the issue, and might explain why Kodi defaults to the desktop size. What kind of display are you using, you need to get the desktop sized to your display. What is your setting for adjust display refresh rate, you might want to turn that off.

System -> Display -> Video Calibration. allows me to pick various sizes/res, I open up a 720x480p fuzzy image but full screen edge to edge. From the log it looks like you are using the NVIDIA GeForce GT 720 which should behave and have some provision for over-scan. To simply matters, it might be useful when you have configured a good screen set-up to copy out the guisettings.xml, you can always inject it later.
What i don't understand, is why the settings of the "Video Calibration" are reseted to 0 when restarting Kodi, it didn't behave like this in previous version. I've tested also on PC at work, it does the same thing on totaly 3 different PC configuration, so the issue of the "Video Calibration" settings being reseted on each start of Kodi are not specific to my card/TV.

The 16.1 doesn't behave like that, the settings are preserved and used each time you start Kodi, is this behavior the new standard normal behavior for 17.1, the "Video Calibration" settings are reseted to 0 each time you start Kodi ? Because this is the real root of the issue.

If the behavior is not the expected (and should behave like previous version), and "Video Calibration" settings should be saved, do i open a bug report ?
There has been some changes in how the video display is handled and the introduction of 'full screen window', is the synthesis of this. I don't think the issue you have now was expected, but you do have the option of windowed mode, the problem lies in that full screen/desktop is seen as the edge of your over-scan.

I'm sure Kodi doesn't set a zero size on re-launch but uses the logical resolution that would be reported by the EDID info (reports indicate spliters will cause issues) and I'm wondering if there is an issue in that. The standard response to this kind of issue has been to point at this wiki Display (wiki) and the pin #19 hack, which in theory might work here after the first set-up and the occasional injection of a correctly set guisettings.xml. Custom video drivers are other solutions http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=158432

You never mentioned the display model, perhaps other users have a better experience with that display.
TV is plasma Pioneer LX5090H connected via an audio receiver Pioneer VSX 921-K.
For now, while this "Video Calibration" reset (or not save) issue is not solved, i'll stay with 16.1.
The issue is not with the logical resolution reported, but with the fact that the offset/compensation settings you're setting during the "Video Calibration" are just not saved.
I don't understand why this focus on my TV and my first configuration, when i've reported that i can reproduce the issue on 2 others totaly different PCs with totaly different screens and configurations.
I have open a bug report on bug tracker.

Edit
Tested on 17.0 just in case issue would have been introduced between, but not, issue is also present on 17.0.
Tested with KodiSetup-20170419-661dd08d22-Krypton and KodiSetup-20170428-5e12c6146f-master, still the same issue. When you exit and restart Kodi, all the Video Calibration settings are lost.
Tested with KodiSetup-20170521-3a73b5f600-Krypton-x86, still the same issue.
I wanted to test with KodiSetup-20170521-0ab00426c5-master-x86, but unable to find the Video Calibration anymore. Where is it hidden Huh
Tested version 17.2 with hope, but unfortunately issue is still not fixed...Sad
I've changed the title of the thread to match the actual version.
Still the same result with 17.3, not fixed. I've change the title of the thread to match the actual version.
(2017-05-27, 14:45)jpsdr Wrote: Still the same result with 17.3, not fixed. I've change the title of the thread to match the actual version.

Not alone. Windows 7 HTPC and 17.3 will not keep calibration settings. I have changed my video card overscan settings to mitigate this, but it is far from perfect. FireTV version of 17.3 does not have this issue.
Theater: The PS4/XBONE killer running Kodi 17.3 3D Movie Box: Raspberry Pi running LibreElec 8.0 Alpha BROKEN Family Room: "A6-Pack" running Kodi 17.3 Whole House: FireTV running Kodi 17.3
I had a problem with Kodi 17.1 on the Nvidia Shield: I could play a movie, etc, but once that movie finished, Kodi locked up. I couldn't exit the application cleanly, but had to use the Shield Settings | Apps | Kodi | Force Stop (and then Start if I wanted to watch something else). Anyway, by going through an Uninstall/Install cycle a few times, I got everything working properly. Now Kodi has updated itself from !7.1 to 17.3 and the problem is back. I can only find advice on how to roll back from 17 to 16.1, which might end up being a more permanent solution, but I would like to simply roll back to 17.1, which was working OK. Any help appreciated.
... In what is this issue related to the thread topic Huh
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues with Kodi 17.6 / Leia 18.2 : Calibration Video settings not used on restart2