Win Kodi 17.1 crashing on win 10
Hi
I have a new install of Kodi 17.1 on windows 10 set-up is

Windows 10 Home; version 1607; build 14393.953.
Processor; Intel® Celeron® CPU 887 @ 1.50GHz 1.50 GHz
Ram; 4.00 GB (3.88 GB usable
64-bit

Kodi crashes when navigating menus, re-booting the computer stabilises Kodi for some time but the problem comes back.

Link to Kodi Log

Can anyone help me Please

Steven
Wondering if you could try your set-up without Cinema Experience http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2380570
Hello, since I switched to kodi17, on my windows10 64 bit based media player Kodi is nearly always crashing on startup.
Note that there is no keyboard or monitor connected to the media player. Kodi is started from the scheduler under a user account at computer startup. From that moment on Kodi is controlled via a tablet running Yatse. To do maintenance on the media player I use teamviewer.

I have a lot of crash logs I would love to upload. However this forum seems not to support file attachements. So if some one could tell me how to upload the zip Big Grin

Louis
(2017-03-26, 16:15)PatK Wrote: Wondering if you could try your set-up without Cinema Experience http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2380570
Thanks for your help, I have removed "CE" with no improvement so went on to remove all other add-ons that I installed, problem still persists?

Link to latest log file

Steve
(2017-03-26, 17:54)Louis2 Wrote: Hello, since I switched to kodi17, on my windows10 64 bit based media player Kodi is nearly always crashing on startup.
Note that there is no keyboard or monitor connected to the media player. Kodi is started from the scheduler under a user account at computer startup. From that moment on Kodi is controlled via a tablet running Yatse. To do maintenance on the media player I use teamviewer.

I have a lot of crash logs I would love to upload. However this forum seems not to support file attachements. So if some one could tell me how to upload the zip Big Grin

Louis

I load the logs to my Dropbox account and then just insert a Hyperlink pointing to Dropbox, (address is generated by Dropbox under "Share")

Steve
@Louis2 Go to pastebin.com and paste your debug log (wiki) to that site and link the URL back to this thread (or your own, it's not likely your issues is the same as the op).

@StevenTyrer your log (wiki) file didn't have debug turned on in settings, hence the information imparted is quite limited, and the add-omn TAG-GEN url is incorrect.
What skin are you using?
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2017-03-26, 18:59)PatK Wrote: @Louis2 Go to pastebin.com and paste your debug log (wiki) to that site and link the URL back to this thread (or your own, it's not likely your issues is the same as the op).

@StevenTyrer your log (wiki) file didn't have debug turned on in settings, hence the information imparted is quite limited, and the add-omn TAG-GEN url is incorrect.

This is a new log with debug running Link

I am using the default skin.

Steve
Still looking for that debug log from the portable install... (this last one is from your set-up special://xbmc/ is mapped to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi) if you would load up a 'portable' Windows_FAQ#Portable (wiki) installation with the default skin and pick a troublesome video to play locally from your hard drive and play that combination. I suspect that some of the 'extras' are not fully Kodi 17.1 compatible. It will take a bit of effort to reveal the issue, but this method will exclude present local hardware. as I suspect your set-up has some anomaly.
(2017-03-26, 21:34)PatK Wrote: Still looking for that debug log from the portable install... (this last one is from your set-up special://xbmc/ is mapped to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi) if you would load up a 'portable' Windows_FAQ#Portable (wiki) installation with the default skin and pick a troublesome video to play locally from your hard drive and play that combination. I suspect that some of the 'extras' are not fully Kodi 17.1 compatible. It will take a bit of effort to reveal the issue, but this method will exclude present local hardware. as I suspect your set-up has some anomaly.
Now have Kodi running on a USB drive with standard skin, all looks stable so far (2hr> running time) tried to make it crash like the version on my HD but it remains stable. As you implied it looks like a set-up anomaly.
When I first installed Kodi I used the Kodi application on the windows store but that would not run, so I uninstalled it and down loaded the a copy from the main Kodi site. I would if the windows application left some bad files on my system?

Steve
Some of those add-on and extras you are using were a work in progress on older iterations, I suspect there is a full break in some of the routines and have caused unexpected results and the overflow is now a Kodi problem. With the knowledge that Kodi 'clean' runs as expected, you might want to copy out the entire 'roaming' Kodi folder as a back-up. With that secured, do a fresh start and re-install, add each 'extra' one at a time testing it's stability until you hit the issue, or use the portable mode version to test. The results will not be instant, but I'm sure your next post here will be very enlightening for our members.
(2017-03-27, 17:09)PatK Wrote: Some of those add-on and extras you are using were a work in progress on older iterations, I suspect there is a full break in some of the routines and have caused unexpected results and the overflow is now a Kodi problem. With the knowledge that Kodi 'clean' runs as expected, you might want to copy out the entire 'roaming' Kodi folder as a back-up. With that secured, do a fresh start and re-install, add each 'extra' one at a time testing it's stability until you hit the issue, or use the portable mode version to test. The results will not be instant, but I'm sure your next post here will be very enlightening for our members.
That sounds a sensible way forward, and I will post the outcome when I am happy.

Thanks for your support

Steven
Hi, Kodi has been running stable over the last 24hr, this is how I got to this position.

1/ Uninstalled Kodi ticking the box to uninstall all data.
2/Reboot and perform a fresh install of Kodi 17.1
3/ Kodi still crashing and all old data and setting are still present?
4/ Uninstalled Kodi ticking the box to uninstall all data.
5/ Reboot and manually delete all Kodi files at C:\users\appdata\roaming\Kodi
6/ Install Kodi 17.1

So looks like I had a corrupt file, not sure why Kodi didn't remove all data when uninstalling?

Kodi is currently running with the Picture Sideshow screen saver and no other add-ons and the standard skin. All my data (films and music) are on a NAS drive.

Hope this is helpful. Steve

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.1 crashing on win 101