TV Show Playlists?
Question 
Hi!

Is there some way of making "TV Show Playlists"? With that, I mean e.g. a collection of all Spongebob Episodes that relate to Barnakle Boy and Mermaid Man, a collection of all South Park episodes that relate to the Coon, etc.

Also, I have a multi-installation -- one MySQL Server with all the Videos, Pictures and Music on it, multiple computers running Kodi (Windows + Rasperry Pi), I'd like to create those Playlists once and simply be able to use them on the other computers as well, without copying or recreating them on each computer.

Thanks!
Create a Kodi smart playlist and add the following rules:
Ex. South Park
Title is "South Park"
Episode name contains "coon"
Plot contains "coon"

Sent from my SM-G935T
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Cool, thanks!

The Smart-Playlists are stored in the MySQL DB, right?
(2017-03-27, 15:09)annomatik Wrote: Cool, thanks!

userdata/playlists/video.
They're .xsp (really .xml?) files.
Have a look in the wiki for details.
(2017-03-27, 15:09)annomatik Wrote: Cool, thanks!

http://kodi.wiki/view/smart_playlists
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
So... I had a look at the config for playlists and couldn't really make too much sense out of it.

My situation: I have ...

1) NAS, connected to all of my Kodis via SMB, which also has a MySQL db with the meta data for 3 different profiles on it.
2) 2 Windows 7 Pro machines and 1 Windows 8 Laptop, all three running Kodi 16.1 and
3) 1 Raspberry Pi 2 machine running Libre ELEC.

All of my stuff is stored in one share, let's call it smb://192.168.0.1/stuff/ . There, I have sub-directories, for example

smb://192.168.0.1/stuff/music/library/ and smb://192.168.0.1/stuff/music/library/playlists/

All of my playlists are stored in smb://192.168.0.1/stuff/music/library/playlists/ , and all of the music files are referenced relatively in the playlists (e.g. ../albums/genre/albumname/file.mp3). That way, I can use the playlists in Music Bee, with my Squeezeboxes, with the Synology-Apps (DS Audio), with the Windows Explorer and pretty much everything except Kodi.

So.... How do I need to set up my Kodis so they can use these playlists (I have Music Bee generate them automatically, so it would be nice for them to be read at least during each Kodi-start)? And that would be the place to put smart playlists, too, right?

Thanks!
Advancedsettings.xml (wiki)

Path substitution (wiki)

Code:
    <pathsubstitution>
        <substitute>
            <from>special://profile/playlists/</from>
            <to>smb://192.168.0.1/stuff/music/library/playlists/</to>
        </substitute>
    </pathsubstitution>

Should do the trick for you.
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
Cool, will try. Thanks!
Didn't work, it said "Couldn't connect to network server". I tried specifying a username / password, too, but didn't work either :-(

Code:
<pathsubstitution>
        <substitute>
            <from>special://profile/playlists/</from>
            <to>smb://user:[email protected]/stuff/music/library/playlists/</to>
        </substitute>
    </pathsubstitution>

Also, can I specify different Playlist directories for TV Shows / Movies / Music ?
@annomatik

I had to allow anonymous/guest read+write access to the folder containing my playlists or it would never work.
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Playlists?0