17.1 won't open!!! Help
(2017-04-03, 02:05)Gracus Wrote: @wolfman65: too bad that you are talking about an addon coming from a banned repo

But it works.
(2017-04-03, 14:50)wolfman65 Wrote:
(2017-04-03, 02:05)Gracus Wrote: @wolfman65: too bad that you are talking about an addon coming from a banned repo

But it works.

But forum rules tells you not to talk about it...
Moanbag is in da place!
(2017-04-03, 14:49)tiger72 Wrote: sorry im a noob but i had 16 jarvis and deleted it to install 17 and it wont open i have seen the post above about deleting addon 27 but how do i find %AppData%\Kodi\userdata\Database in the Explorer.. sorry im new to this but please help . thanks in advance

Open windows explorer (not internet explorer) and type %appdata% in the address bar. Then follow the folders down to the database folder and you should find the file in there.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Go to %AppData%\Kodi\userdata\Database in the Explorer and delete Addons27.db.
Kodi should start now.
[/quote]

Worked great ! THANKS !! Blush
Kodi should start now.

Yes it starts after deletion, but Addons27.db reappears upon exit and relaunch. How can this issue be corrected?
(2017-04-03, 20:13)kalaws Wrote: Yes it starts after deletion, but Addons27.db reappears upon exit and relaunch. How can this issue be corrected?

Kodi working now correctly or does it still close instantly.
Addons27.db should reaper. I told you to delete it because it was corrupt, but if kodi works now it got recreated and is needed to save which add-ons you have currently installed.
Sorry you for not explaining clearly.

I installed 17.1 on a16.1 system. Windows 10. As described KODI 17.1 would not launch. Read forum, and deleted Addons27.db. KODI opened correctly. Exited. Tried to relaunch and once again, KODI failed to launch, so I deleted Addons27.db and launched it correctly. Tried this several times, with and without executing an addon, and each time I had to delete Addons27.db. What could be corrupting the file? Is there a known fix?
Post a Debug log (wiki), it should shows what's going wrong.
I take it the problem is always when Kodi tries to update Addons26.db to Addons27.db? If so I suppose it is possible some add-on in Addons26 that is causing the issue, but it would be nice if some one posts a debug log that shows addons26 getting updated (once the 0 byte addon27.db is created it is "too late" -- we know Kodi won't start with that).

scott s.
(2017-04-03, 10:33)Rechi Wrote:
(2017-04-03, 06:11)cfaithp Wrote: Debug Log:
https://pastebin.com/raw/xY6w6g6C

[...]

The new version of Kodi will not open at all for me. I tried using the manual run program, I tried clicking on the exe in the folder itself. I tried uninstalling kodi, restarting my computer, and even looking for the registry (unfortunately I am not knowledgeable enough to find anything to do with the registry) If there is anything else you need from me, please let me know; I will try to find the info. Oh yeah, and I tried the kodi website download vs the windows app store download with the same results.

Kodi should start now.
Copied and pasted in search and went straight to location. Worked
(2017-04-03, 14:49)tiger72 Wrote: sorry im a noob but i had 16 jarvis and deleted it to install 17 and it wont open i have seen the post above about deleting addon 27 but how do i find %AppData%\Kodi\userdata\Database in the Explorer.. sorry im new to this but please help . thanks in advance

hello, so even being a computer savvy person (as I see myself) I hadn't any need to access these type of files in a long time so it actually took me a while tom figure it out myself.
This is approximate because it depends exactly what your comptuter/username etc are called but I also had to check the box to view hidden files to find this .db

[Computer Name] -> OS:C [Main Harddrive] -> Users -> [Your account] (at this point you might need to go to the view tab at the top of the window next to file/home/share[view] and check the box to view hidden files) then after you double click [your account] (aka username) you'll go to -> [AppData] -> [Roaming] -> [Kodi] -> [userdata] -> [Database] -> Addons20.db (database file, you should see multiple database files here. Not certain why its 27 that's causing people problems. ) Let me know if this helps at all or if it's different for you, I'll try to provide any additional help I can.
I deleted addon 27 now i get an error: "ERROR:unable to create application. exiting"

have uninstalled and reinstalled still keep getting same issue.(have followed all steps above)
Post a Debug log (wiki).

You select and copy that text, then paste it into the explorer address bar:

then hit enter

scott s.
I've tried everything and still won't load, deleted the db file and again nothing.
Tried the Jarvis version and works just fine.
Any suggestions on what else I can try with krypton?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
17.1 won't open!!! Help2