Req Reboot To Android
Hey Bart,

Is there way way we could get an option to reboot to android in the power menu? I can do it now by modifying DialogButtonMenu.xml and adding 
                     <item>
                        <label>Reboot to android</label>
                        <onclick>System.ExecWait("/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand")</onclick>
                        <onclick>Reset()</onclick>
                        <thumb>RestartNF.png</thumb>
                    </item>
This works fine and I can certainly keep adding it myself. It is helpful for those of us running an Elec box who dual boot between either CoreELEC or LibreELEC and android. 
Thanks.

Sean
(2019-08-25, 20:38)Draega Wrote: Hey Bart,

Is there way way we could get an option to reboot to android in the power menu? I can do it now by modifying DialogButtonMenu.xml and adding 
                     <item>
                    </item>
This works fine and I can certainly keep adding it myself. It is helpful for those of us running an Elec box who dual boot between either CoreELEC or LibreELEC and android. 
Thanks.

Sean
@Draega , please check the latest from Git and let me know if it works as expected.  The option will show up if your platform is Linux or Android.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-08-26, 17:01)bsoriano Wrote:

<item>
                    </item>
Thanks.

Sean
@Draega , please check the latest from Git and let me know if it works as expected.  The option will show up if your platform is Linux or Android.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart   
It is working perfectly. Much thanks!  Smile
Hi, @bsoriano and @Draega!
After you add this new option I can saw two reboot options in my Raspberry Pi with LibreELEC. For what I could noticed both do the same. I installed Kodi on my smartphones android to test and saw that there no show this option (before this update, of course), so I totally agree that this is a great addition for android users. What I think you could do here is just expand this visibility conditions for the "reboot" button that already exist, for not show two of then. Or I understood all this wrong? If is this case, my apologies.

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! (inscribed in large friendly letters)
My hardware is a Raspberry Pi 3b (with LibreELEC)
(2019-08-27, 18:52)edjalmo Wrote: Hi, @bsoriano and @Draega!
After you add this new option I can saw two reboot options in my Raspberry Pi with LibreELEC. For what I could noticed both do the same. I installed Kodi on my smartphones android to test and saw that there no show this option (before this update, of course), so I totally agree that this is a great addition for android users. What I think you could do here is just expand this visibility conditions for the "reboot" button that already exist, for not show two of then. Or I understood all this wrong? If is this case, my apologies.

@edjalmo , this is specifically for the people that dual boot their xELEC machines (both Linux and Android).  The issue with the skin is that I cannot tell if you have a dual-boot system, so I am showing the additional button if your platform is Linux or Android.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-08-27, 22:52)bsoriano Wrote:

@edjalmo , this is specifically for the people that dual boot their xELEC machines (both Linux and Android).  The issue with the skin is that I cannot tell if you have a dual-boot system, so I am showing the additional button if your platform is Linux or Android.

Regards,

Bart

I understand! But if you expand the visibility of the old reboot button to show in Android OS too the problem will be solved, because this two buttons do the same thing, right?
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! (inscribed in large friendly letters)
My hardware is a Raspberry Pi 3b (with LibreELEC)
(2019-08-28, 00:43)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-08-27, 22:52)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Bart 

I understand! But if you expand the visibility of the old reboot button to show in Android OS too the problem will be solved, because this two buttons do the same thing, right? 
@edjalmo , the first reboot button has a visibility condition of System.CanReboot, so it should show up in Android (I don't have a way of testing this, so you could confirm for me).  The button @Draega wanted me to add has another command before the Reset(), which I understand allows to boot to Android from Linux on a double-boot machine.  @Draega , could you please provide further explanation? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

<item>
                    </item>
Thanks.

Sean

Sorry for the OT post, still trying to learn. Are you dual booting with multiple partitions? Or with different sd cards/emmc?

I am looking at the N2 and was wanting to try out CoreElec and Android.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Reboot To Android0