v17 Don't know what setting I'm looking for, need some help.
So, I have two Kodi's setup, one in the living room, one in the bedroom, and I'm using Kore to control both of them.

When I'm on the living room one, if I choose 'search' I have to move the cursor around, and select the letters, but when I'm on the bedroom one, I choose 'search' the kore app on the my android cell phone provides me with the typing line, to type it, then send it to the Kodi. I've looked around both Kodi's and in Kore, but I must be missing something.

Is it Kodi that is allowing this? or is it a setting on Kore I'm just not seeing?

I'd like to be able to use Kore to type in the search, not using the arrows to move around to choose the letters.

Can anybody help me please?
(2017-03-28, 02:35)peej4ygee Wrote: So, I have two Kodi's setup, one in the living room, one in the bedroom, and I'm using Kore to control both of them.

When I'm on the living room one, if I choose 'search' I have to move the cursor around, and select the letters, but when I'm on the bedroom one, I choose 'search' the kore app on the my android cell phone provides me with the typing line, to type it, then send it to the Kodi. I've looked around both Kodi's and in Kore, but I must be missing something.

Is it Kodi that is allowing this? or is it a setting on Kore I'm just not seeing?

I'd like to be able to use Kore to type in the search, not using the arrows to move around to choose the letters.

Can anybody help me please?

Maybe worth watching this thread as well, in case you don't get an answer here:-

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=307409
You must enable the "Use TCP" option, and make sure that the TCP port is correct (9090 by default, if you didn't change it in Kodi's advanced configuration). Also make sure that your router isn't blocking that port.
I had the same issue and found a resolution.

After upgrading my router, Kore remote (and others) stopped working. Drove me nuts. Since I used the same SSID and password with the new router, I (incorrectly) assumed everything was good.

What I had to do is open network settings in Windows 7. The systems automatically changed the new router connection to "Public" status, even though it was the same SSID and password. Changing it to "Home Network" instantly did the trick for me. Now everyone is happy that their Kodi remote control app works. Cool

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Don't know what setting I'm looking for, need some help.0