delay when searching for movies
i recently have noticed a delay (maybe 5-7 seconds) before the dialog shows for searching sources when i click on a movie or tv show in a popular addon. i thought the issue was the addon itself, so i uninstalled/reinstalled it. but that didnt fix the problem. so i installed a fresh version of kodi 17.1 and just the addon with the default skin and the problem was gone. then i installed the titan skin, and the problem happened again. just to be sure, i changed back to the standard skin, and the problem was gone again. i have noticed this on 16.1 & 17.1 too. Android operating system. any help would be appreciated .
Debug log (wiki) would be useful but if your "popular addon" violates our Piracy policy (wiki) then we will not be able to provide support.

If you can replicate the issue with a legitimate addon then please provide a link to your log.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
I have absolutely no idea how a skin can cause a delay in the search dialog of an addon. The skin is literally just displaying the content in a specific way, it has no control over the content itself.

Like @Dangelus stated, if this is about an addon that doesn't violate any rules I'll be happy to help you with the issue once you provided a link to your kodi logfile.
thanks for your replies guys. it has me very confused too. i am going to mess with it a bit more and if i cant come up with an answer, i will do as suggested and try to replicate the problem with an approved addon and post a log. on a seperate note, i cant thank you all enough for the work you do. its amazing the effort you put in and the results speak for themselves. thanks so much for your time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
delay when searching for movies0