Parental controls
Apparently the universal parental controls addon I have relying on for years no longer works and has been discontinued, my Old kodi 17 installation with the addon stills works, but I am unable to install a new one using the addon.

How do everyone solve parental controls? I google and search the forum and I see no good options.
Sorting files in different folders is an example of a bad solution.

The video-node and profiles in the wiki are quite poorly explained when it comes to limiting movies based in movie-rating.

The issue is not limiting addon usage, I found some addons that do that, the issue is preventing my kids from watching movies not intended for kids their age, I.e. requiring a ping for PG-13 and above movies.

Any ideas?
Hi Everwake,

The first thing that pops to mind that may work for you is Profiles... http://kodi.wiki/view/Profile

My understanding is that you will still need to separate content into separate sources... so Movie Source Kids for the kids, and Movie Source All for all other movies. Then create a new profile for the kids and only allocate them the movie source for the kids.

Of course that will mean you will need to password protect your Kodi login to stop them from simply selecting your profile instead of the kids one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Parental controls0