Ebooks Addon using Calibre databases
Hi,

I'm trying to create Addon using Calibre ebooks database.
The goal is to use Kodi for viewing and reading ebooks (epub files).

No problem to manage Calibre databases.
But now, i want to read ebook with kodi.
I don't want to use external applications linked specific OS like windows or android

in your opinion, what is the better way to read ebook ?
Do you know addon which can display epub files ?

Some screenshots

View Bibliotheque (all books, filter by author, publisher, tag, serie)

View : Calibre Bibliotheques (you can add, delte bibliotheque)

View : Books
I was playing around with the idea of an ebook library about 6 months ago. I didn't get very far with it. I was able to call the Calibre viewer as the reader, but it was a bit untidy then I ran out of time and I haven't done much with it since.

I look forward to following your progress with this.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanxs for your intention.

I thought to use Calibre reader but i would rather more universal solution. Calibre is not available for android or iOS.

I thought to use browser with js epub player but i'm not convinced
script.ebooks on GitHub, I also came across a pdf reader... Pypi(dot)org has quite a few epub readers written in python.. maybe this helps?
Good idea. Thanxs.
i tried script.ebooks but i believe that kodi's forms are not the good choice to read epub. 
I'm looking for use ebooklib to parse epub file (epub = zip) and display data
@Karellen  @doctornono  I think this might work, what do you think?
https://pypi.org/project/EbookLib/

https://docs.sourcefabric.org/projects/e...ading-epub

Looks like something could be scripted up to work and it would be platform agnostic too!  Time to tinker. On a side note this would still be rendered by kodi though. I have quite a few Star Trek books I would love to see cataloged along with my audio books and videos.. Smile
Live Long and Prosper my friend.
Since you are on Android and iOS.. why not just call up a epub reader of your choice on that platform via a favorite in Kodi.
For Example.. I can open YouTube, Amazon Video, File manager+, MyRadar.. all from the Kodi home screen. On my Nvidia Shield...
if epub equals a zipped folder with things like txt audio video image html or xml ... Most of which Kodi can already display...
what happens if you browse an unzipped epub in Kodi picture browser...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ebooks Addon using Calibre databases0