Win Film showing Multiple times
Hello, Long time HTPC user, first time using Kodi tho. Used to use MediaBrowser now trying to move to Kodi instead.

I use Media Centre Master to pull all my data down for Movies and TV Shows and I've now added the "tick to create Kodi .nfo files" and refreshed my entire collection which is on a network share.

Here is the actual folder.

And what I see in Kodi

So what have I done wrong?
What is wrong is not exactly clear from those screen shots (but thanks, they at least show what is)

Let's take the first image of the folder

- All those backdrop images are just wasting space, if you want to use them, look at using folders "extrafanart" and "extrathumbs" with advanced settings.xml exclusions and a skin that can utilize them.
-Kodi (I assume) uses "Gone in 60 Seconds (2000)-fanart.jpg" and "Gone in 60 Seconds (2000)-poster.jpg" or just poster.jpg and fanart.jpg if they're in their own folder. Artwork (wiki) the 720p in the name complicates the scraper and not needed.
-medainfo.data and movie.xml are superfluous, but may be the source of your issue. You can't have strange foreign files mixed in, Kodi tries to make sense of them, I do remember the early days of media-browser and I left .xml files in the folders to my detriment, they screwed up everything.

It should look like this:

Gone in 60 Seconds (2000).avi
Gone in 60 Seconds (2000).nfo
Gone in 60 Seconds (2000)-poster.jpg
Gone in 60 Seconds (2000)-fanart.jpg
banner.png
disc.png
clearart.png
logo.png

Second image is the results of some abnormality.

You should only have one poster per video. But if you have trailers, samples etc.. they are seen as a movie and will get added. If you have multiple sources pointing to the same folders (a big mistake is to specify a hard drive source, then make a sub folder of that same drive another source, they get scraped twice!). With any video in focus, using the system information panel you will see the exact path of the file in the bottom left. That will tell you if you have multiple sources.

Suggestion: do a batch deletion of all the *.*.xml and *.*data files in your storage system, go into Kodi and do a system clean, and let's see what is what after that.

and dump MCM and MediaBrowser, Kodi is all you really need.
I've been running MediaBrowser and MCM for around 7 years and my collection has grown with it. The extra backdrops were used in MediaBrowser, in "CoverFlow" view they would rotate if I stayed on an item, I can do without them. I also had folders for HD and SD content, the [720p] is a remnant of that.
I've deleted the additional files in the Gone in 60 seconds folder, images and the xml, data files and done a system clean. It seems to have done the trip, I'll have to go through my entire collection and delete them (thank god for wildcard search within Windows.)

If I dump a video in my Films folder and then run Kodi will it automatically pull all the data and plonk it in it's own folder? Thats what MCM does. I have a massive amount of "ActorImages" from MediaBrowser does Kodi have something similar I can dump them into?
I found that most of these media managers worked well when Kodi had short comings, but these days, Kodi is king. Legacy nomenclature is always and issue, but I ran into TheRenamer (wiki) it's drag & drop easy.... quite quick and will do deletions of crap and proper naming all at the same time, Otherwise it's will be a slog with wildcards.

Extra fanart (wiki) puts up a slideshow with art in sub folders, but I found it slows down cover flow, if you have the processing power it's nice, especially used in conjunction with Artwork Downloader. Kodi know the real resolution, so it's one of those extras that only trip up the scrapers.

If you dump more than one video inside a folder, all the videos get scraped, and if the name is close.... they get the same cover. If you have multiple videos e.g. James Bond, create a named folder and put all the Bond film in it as sub folders, and use a recursive scan, better yet just create sets, or tags.

Suggest make a sub-folder called "extras" without the quotes and throw the kitchen sink into this folder, then use Add-on:Extras (wiki) to pick them up through your skin as an informational extra (just be sure to add an exclusion for these extra folders in your advancedsettings.xml,) cut & paste this code and save it off to your userdata folder.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<excludefromscan>
        <regexp>[-\._ ](extrafanart|trailer|extrathumbs)[-\._ ]</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
<excludefromlisting><!-- Regular expressions that if evaluated to true won't be displayed in Files View -->
       <regexp>[-._ \\/](extrafanart|trailer|extrathumbs)[-._ \\/]</regexp>
</excludefromlisting>
    <!-- Extras: Section Start -->
        <excludefromscan action="append">
            <regexp>/extras/</regexp>
            <regexp>[\\/]extras[\\/]</regexp>
        </excludefromscan>
        <excludetvshowsfromscan action="append">
            <regexp>/extras/</regexp>
            <regexp>[\\/]extras[\\/]</regexp>
        </excludetvshowsfromscan>
        <!-- Extras: Section End -->