Bug Kodi 17 Shortcut to subfolders - back button takes you to unwanted parent folder
Hi, wasn't able to find a resolved thread similar to what i'm seeing.
(I found this from about a month back but it doesn't seem to have gotten resolved and was a bit confusing to grasp:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=306301)

I've noticed that if I make a shortcut to a subfolder, let's call it folder 3, pressing the back button should take me to home. Instead, it takes me to folder 3s parent folder, folder 2.
Here's a visual
Hierarchy: Folder 1 -> Folder 2 -> Folder 3 -> Folder 4

Shortcut: Home -> Folder 3 -> Folder 4

If I am on folder 3, and press the back button, I expect it to take me home, instead it takes me to Folder 2 (followed by folder 1 if pressed again), hopefully that makes sense.
Is there I way I can fix this or is it a legitimate bug in Kodi 17?
If you press ESC, does it take you to home?
(2017-03-30, 17:30)runningnaked Wrote: If you press ESC, does it take you to home?

Hi, yes pressing ESC takes me home, but pressing delete/the back button takes me back too far in the hierarchy as explained in the example.
Yes I too would like this functionality to be added back in.

I posted the below on the skin forum, but can now see its not skin related, I see that a trac ticket was created some time ago but nothing much was added to it

http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17075

Any chance of having this functionality back in?

"Hi, I have noticed behaviour that was different from version 5 in Kodi 16 and I wonder if anyone knows how to fix it.
In version 5/ kodi 16 I could create a favourite from an item within an addon, so for example I could add "iplayer:Catergories" in the iplayer addon as a favourite, then add this to the home screen.
When I selected this item on the home screen it would take me to the iplayer:Catergories and then when I pressed back I would be returned to the home screen.
In the latest version 6 / kodi 17 if I press back it makes me go back through all the iplayer menus before bringing me back to the home screen.
I have checked the favourite and it has the ;return on the end of it but it still fails to work, is this a bug?
Many thanks in advance"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17 Shortcut to subfolders - back button takes you to unwanted parent folder0