tried to upgrade to 17. kodi not launching -windows
Just tried to upgrade to 17 on windows. 'Kodi stopped working 'Undecided Don't know too much about computers but need this problem solved ASAP!
Hello AnnaK, and welcome to the forum.

There are a few threads regarding this issue on the forum. A search would have found them.

The first thing you can do is go to the Kodi's User Directory and into databases and look for addons27.db. If this file has a 0byte size, then delete it. It will fix the problem.

But without a debug log , don't expect any help.

Because you have provided next to no information... you'll need to figure out where to find the user directory as I don't know what system you are using.
You've mentioned this was an upgrade, so my presumption is that you had Jarvis 16.1 running previously? And it just stopped working, in that you had it running and it crashed? Or i just doesn't launch.? As @blossom24 mentioned a proper debug log posted to public paste-bin and that URL linked back to this thread will do wonders for those trying to help you.

I'll move this post from this Kodi discussion area to the more appropriate windows support thread.
Yes we have windows 7 and were using jarvis 16 and it didn't work well anymore. Most streams didn't run, if they did they kept buffing, bunch of addons didn't work. It waa very slow. Once i finally figured out how to download the new, and it installed successfully, i can't get into kodi at all. I will have someone more technical look into it. Wouldn't know how to debug it.
@AnnaK please provide a debug log (wiki) the links provide will instruct you on how to provide one. http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tried to upgrade to 17. kodi not launching -windows1