purpose of Kodi
So what exactly is the purpose of Kodi??
https://kodi.tv/about/

It's a media player, designed to play your locally sourced and legitimately owned media (movies, TV shows, pictures and music), and can also support playback from network sources.

What it is not is a magic box (or indeed any kind of box) to provide premium media for free, or to bypass subscriptions or get stuff for nothing. Nor is it a media source - we do not provide any kind of media with Kodi. Any installation which does so pre-installed is not from us, and indeed is in violation of our Official:Trademark Policy (wiki).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
If you have to ask then it's probably not for you.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
It's for whatever you want to use it for.
(2017-03-31, 15:16)geohunt Wrote: So what exactly is the purpose of Kodi??

So are you trolling or what? You have already been made aware based off your previous binned thread, so why ask the question?
So whats the purpose of this post?
and what's the purpose of life and the universe?

@geohunt
has the reply of DarrenHill answered your question? Kodi is mostly a media player to organize and play your local media collection/content (music, movies, tv-shows, liveTV/PVR, pictures). It can be extended and customized via add-ons (apps). These add-ons can f.e. change the look and feel or give access to content and services on the internet. So the main purpose is to be the central hub for all your media related things while providing a unified interface accross all platforms Kodi is running on, and being easily controlled with a remote control from your couch.
The Question is for you., Do you know Kodi @all? Do you have any Idea how a platform like this can change the way of how a real entertainment center should be.

It does more than you can imagine, it should be in every Smart TV instead of all the apps they put to them.
It can be customized in a million ways.

Sent from my SM-T810
(2017-04-02, 18:18)pwjavier Wrote: The Question is for you., Do you know Kodi @all? Do you have any Idea how a platform like this can change the way of how a real entertainment center should be.

It does more than you can imagine, it should be in every Smart TV instead of all the apps they put to them.
It can be customized in a million ways.

Sent from my SM-T810 (typie typie)

Which, from that comment, leaves me to believe that you don't know what Kodi is for either.

Kodi is a media player, plain and simple. It does not provide any content and is not a replacement for apps that do provide content.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-04-03, 02:25)Tinwarble Wrote: Kodi is a media player, plain and simple. It ... is not a replacement for apps that do provide content.

I don't know.There are some add-ons that now are viable app replacements. HDHomerun and Plex being the obvious ones, but of community ones, MLB.tv and Crunchyroll are pretty good app replacements. It's not there yet, but ideally it could be one day.
(2017-04-03, 06:11)natethomas Wrote: I don't know.There are some add-ons that now are viable app replacements. HDHomerun and Plex being the obvious ones, but of community ones, MLB.tv and Crunchyroll are pretty good app replacements. It's not there yet, but ideally it could be one day.

One day........maybe, but it ain't there yet.

Netfilx, HBO, Showtime, SlingTV, Playstation Vue, Disney, etc, etc. There's a lot of content apps, some might make it to Kodi and then a lot that may never.

Personally, I hope one day Kodi could have legal add-ons that could rival what you could get on Android or Apple, but we are not there yet, not even close. Wink
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-04-02, 13:47)Atreyu Wrote: So whats the purpose of this post?

(2017-03-31, 15:16)geohunt Wrote: So what exactly is the purpose of Kodi??

Kopi, or "Kopi Luwak", is a specialty coffee that is digested by a particular feline, known as the Asian Palm Civet. The beans go through a fermentation process in the cat's digestive tract, and are reacquired in the animal's feces. To most people, especially those in the coffee industry, Kopi is a regarded as a gimmick or novelty item. It is not popular, most likely due to its origins.

Hope that helps!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
purpose of Kodi0