We are back!
Read more about it here !

https://kodi.tv/article/andwere-baaaaack
(2017-04-01, 22:21)Kib Wrote: Read more about it here !

I really appreciate what you guys do, but I don't think this was funny at all. And if you read some of the comments on the web, I am surely not alone in those sentiments... :-[
I thought it was great, was not a big stretch to see what day it was and figure out it was a joke..
If I was a rude person i'd say "get over yourself " . Seriously, there are a number of humour free zones around the place.

And more than humour, a serious message too.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Smile 
(2017-04-01, 23:14)nickr Wrote: If I was a rude person i'd say "get over yourself " . Seriously, there are a number of humour free zones around the place.

And more than humour, a serious message too.

Gotta agree. I thought it was pretty funny too.
The bottom line is, a website being down for 24 hours is a first world problem.... Except possibly to those who thought their incomes (based on the efforts of others) had just dried up. Big Grin
Yeah, it's all very clever and funny.
Well I'm glad you all thought it was funny.

I had set aside today to do a new install on a Raspberry Pi and since the repos were down too it did not go well.

No, I did not figure it out. But when I did I found it to be incredibly juvenile to inconvenience users like that.

And to impersonate federal agencies like that... just plain dumb.

No I do not need to "get over myself". Some of you need to get off your high horses and realize that your little prank was very inconvenient to a lot of us.
(2017-04-01, 23:08)mrsfixit Wrote:
(2017-04-01, 22:21)Kib Wrote: Read more about it here !

I really appreciate what you guys do, but I don't think this was funny at all. And if you read some of the comments on the web, I am surely not alone in those sentiments... :-[

I though it was epic. The Kodi team is amazing and now more than ever it's time for all of us to peal our wallets open for the future of this great company.

Mike
All those offended by the funny (and a little bit scary) prank should demand a refund.

Oh wait...
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
If you didn't expect and suspect something like the april fools gag you are not familiar with the KODI community.You can never be truly inconvenienced by free and open source. Waiting 18 hours so your favorite creators can spiff up their website shouldn't be too much to ask.Confused Also they were most likely trying to send a message too. Youtube content providers and shady builds and boxes are giving KODI a bad name even though they are not doing anything even in a grey area. The original xbox didn't get criticized for the content people put on it. Google is never attacked over torrenting and downloads. People are misinformed ,it is frustrating to long time users and contributors. I have corrected people IRL that KODI is not an app for watching movies online.
I realised this was an April Fools joke but I found it more annoying than funny.

I had hoped to get some skinning done today but needed access to the forums, so that didn't happen.

I think the fact it was down for so long is what annoyed me the most, maybe you could have put the forums back up sooner or something. I kept checking back every couple of hours and just go more annoyed as the day went on!

I know this is all first world problems but April fools are meant to be funny, not an inconvenience and the duration turned it into the latter for me.

(2017-04-01, 23:43)whysoserious Wrote: All those offended by the funny (and a little bit scary) prank should demand a refund.

Oh wait...
This didn't inconvenience me in the slightest - and the takedown notice was pretty funny.

It was totally forseeable, though, that some people - perhaps a small number - would be seriously inconvenienced by taking the repo down without warning. Anyone trying to update to krypton would be likely to run into major problems, particularly if they weren't especially technical.
So the big clever joke would cause problems for some users - who cares?
Maybe the repos had to be taken down. In which case a warning would help a few people.
Maybe the repos weren't supposed to go down. In which case explaining what had happened might have helped a few people.
As for 'demanding a refund' - it doesn't matter how great / mediocre / appalling TK's actions are - you can always roll that out. If you want to tell me I've had a sense of humour failure then fine, go for it, but I'm left feeling TK as an entity (not individuals within it) doesn't respect the users. If I'm the only one then that doesn't matter.
You indeed have zero sense of humour.

Sent from my A0001
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2017-04-02, 00:01)Martijn Wrote: You indeed have zero sense of humour.
I have some empathy.
Given a choice between the two I'd take that every time.

Edit: Tell me I'm wrong about the repo though. I'd like to be.
It was epic! Blog, forums and mirrors down?!
Trolling to the right people -- only those that think that kodi is illegal would believe it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
We are back!0