Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
scott967 Offline
Posting Freak
New site looks pretty good/modern

scott s.
find quote
Ninjania Offline
I'm trying to install kodi on a new firestick but the website will not give me the option to select Android. It takes me to download but the only thing available to choose is the privacy law. This is really annoying since I had no problem setting up another firestick less then a week ago. 😑
find quote
Kib Offline
Team Kodi 🐤 Member
(2017-04-02 03:14)Ninjania Wrote:  I'm trying to install kodi on a new firestick but the website will not give me the option to select Android. It takes me to download but the only thing available to choose is the privacy law. This is really annoying since I had no problem setting up another firestick less then a week ago. 😑

Already answered in this thread. Use mirrors.kodi.tv to download the correct apk.
(This post was last modified: 2017-04-02 03:57 by Kib.)
find quote
Lunatixz Offline
Skilled Python Coder
(2017-04-01 22:21)Kib Wrote:  Read more about it here:

https://kodi.tv/article/we-have-new-website

@Kib great work on the site...
find quote
Kib Offline
Team Kodi 🐤 Member
Hardly mine! Many people did much more on it than me.
find quote
nickr Offline
Team-Kodi Member
Whoever was involved, it looks great.

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thank user' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "Thank you" button.)
find quote
Kib Offline
Team Kodi 🐤 Member
Thanks for the kind words!
find quote
Atreyu Offline
Donor
I really like the fresh look. Cheers!
find quote
J876 Offline
The new website looks fantastic. Well done on the redesign.
find quote
flammon Offline
The site look fantastic! Amazing attention to detail everywhere from visual transitions to clean HTML.

I'd love to know more about the development and technical details. So far we've got Drupal 8, from the post, and I can see jQuery in the source but what about CSS and build tools? Did you use any libraries or other frameworks and is the site available on github? I'd also like to know more about the transition from WP to Drupal and the challenges that might have come from it.

Congrats on nailing the design, content and speed which amounts to a great ux.
find quote
3000 Offline
The first part of the homepage is so dark and dull. Kodi has always been the exact opposite for me. Removing the dark layer would enhance the experience drastically.
find quote
saint710 Offline
I usually don't have a problem installing koi but with this new web page design I am unable to choose the android logo or any other loge for that matter. It used to be so easy to add it only using my firestick, is there anyway to resolve this issue?
find quote
Kib Offline
Team Kodi 🐤 Member
(2017-04-02 19:54)saint710 Wrote:  I usually don't have a problem installing koi but with this new web page design I am unable to choose the android logo or any other loge for that matter. It used to be so easy to add it only using my firestick, is there anyway to resolve this issue?

mentioned a few times before in this thread: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/
find quote
saint710 Offline
Thanks. I tried that link but once I get to the page where the different releases are available it allows me to highlight kodi 17 but when I click nothing happens
find quote
saint710 Offline
So I used the "mirrors" method and it did allow me to download kodi 17 but once it was fully installed it won't open. The new kodi screen shows up and it say preparing for first run and the the screen goes black and kodi closes
find quote