Solved STEP-BY-STEP SOLUTION - Kodi 17.1 Krypton fails to launch in Mac OSX
Hey ...newbie here. Managed to follow the fix. Thank you very much!!
@b7000 i have the feeling i have posted this multiple times now but here i go again. I need basically the files the user deletes atm to get it working. For being save this would be all Addons .db files (Addons*.db where "*" means all numbers the user might have).

Providing the files can be done by any public accessible file hoster (dropbox for example). Tell me what else is unclear and i try to be mor specific. Thx.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I followed the instructions up until the point where I type in 'go to folder' <home folder>/library/applicationsupport/kodi/userdata/database ( I typed in my home folder). It couldnt find it.
I did the other way by looking for it manually, still didnt find any XBMC file or Kodi files whatsoever.

Im stuck, advice?
Type into 'Go to Folder' ~/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/Database
Hi all, it might be that some are getting the full correct download with all the support files but unfortunately some of us aren't, hence why a few of us have posted to ask where we can locate the ...userdata/database?

Regardless of whether its Kodi or XBMC, nothing shows up in our support folder.

Are there any suggestions to either download the full version or locate the files. Please note, I have already tried all of the posted suggestions, but they don't apply to us because the support folder does not exist with our download. I have now downloaded the latest version 20 times and still the same problem.

Any help greatly appreciated

thanks
Hi all,
I just install kodi 17.1 on my macbook OS 10.12. open app and this ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de. please help kodi will not open at all.
Worked like a charm!
Hey! I have no idea how a mac OS works and was pissed when i saw this fix because it looked very technical.

Well it wasn't and in 10 mins (i'm an idiot, remember) Kodi 17 was up and running. Thanks for the step by step guide!

Addons27.db was the file giving me issues.
If anyone uses this again make a copy of the problem files and put them somewhere the devs can access them please.
Hi,
I can't find either the XBMC or the Kodi folder in the Application support folder. Please help. I could follow the instructions up to the Kodi.log and found the error as everybody else.
i want to fix this and send you the bad files as well. Please help.
thank you
Carine
Open Finder, click on Go menu, click Go to Folder, type ~/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/Database into it and click go.

We need all Addons*.db if you want to share them with us, not only Adddons27.db.
If it's easier for you to send me the files per mail, than uploading the files eg on dropbox, I can also send you my mail address.
Thanks all worked ok down to library/application support etc...

But strangely I don't have a Kodi or XMBC folder!
Hi, Up to step 9. How do I send the files?

Thanks
(2017-04-16, 15:07)DC10 Wrote: Hi, Up to step 9. How do I send the files?

Can you upload them to dropbox or some other file hosting service and post the link here.
If you like I can also send you my email address.
Click on finder icon.
Then when "finder" shows up on the top left menu of your computer, select Go>go to folder> and then enter this path:
~/Library/Application Support/XBMC

Hi, I have tried this step but it keeps taking me back to my desktop finder view. Is there anything else I could possibly try?

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
STEP-BY-STEP SOLUTION - Kodi 17.1 Krypton fails to launch in Mac OSX2