Linux removing banned addons
I was having problems with kodi starting and immediately stopping. Apparently I had some banned addons. My question is how can I remove said addons when I cannot keep kodi open? I did goto .kodi and try and delete all the addons that I thought might offend. and still have the problems.

Thank you..............
Processor:                     AMD FX(tn)-4300 Quad-Core Processor
Memory:                        15307MB (4282MB used)
Operating System:        Ubuntu 22.04 LTS
Remove the addons manually from the addons directory found the Kodi Userdata (wiki) directory.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
I removed everything that had 'addon' in it, all folders and files. Then I removed kodi and reinstalled it. I then tried kodi again and its still doing it. Crashlog: https://pastebin.com/QeDhQrhw
Run a Debug log (wiki) instead and provide a link to that. Details on how to set this up manually are in the link.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
debug log: https://pastebin.com/UsEn2z8P

I should probably add that it seems to not quit until I add media (tv and movies) and then it starts to get hinky. I removed kodi and reinstalled. Before reinstallation I went to synaptic and made sure that there were no 'kodi' things still installed. I also ran "sudo apt-get remove --auto-remove kodi" which, in theory got rid of the other stuff. Nothing seems to make much of a difference.

I should also add that I had lost my audio and had to remove the nvidia display card and install an old pci card for the audio to work. Once I solve all of this stuff I will put the nvidia graphic card back in and use hdmi for everything.
I would just do a clean install since your obviously going to reinstall them again
thanks for the reply.

I think you meant that I should do yet another clean install of kodi. This time I did "sudo apt-get purge --auto-remove kodi" (which, in theory, gets rid of EVERYHING) and then I searched for anything to do with kodi. I found one file, in my home directory ".kodi" which I simply deleted completely. I am now currently updating movies, tv, music and pictures and then we will see what happens. So far I have updated movies and most of tv and it hasn't quit on me so far.

Just thought I would keep this thing updated. I will report back when its all done.

OK - it seems to be working for over an hour, now, so we will see. Thank you for all your help.
yeah the .kodi folder holds your addons and userdata etc per user in the home dir

(also /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/kodi/addons system dependant 64bit is there)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
removing banned addons0