Apple TV 4 -Internal API error
I purchased my apple tv 4 last year with Kodi pre loaded. I have over the year slowly learnt more and more about kodi. On Friday my kodi stopped working due to the developer licence which I didn't know at the time. I am now trying to re-load it. I have the leads etc and I'm using my mac. I have it all ready but when I load it the error " Internal API error" appears. Like I said before I have no idea what this means but I'm willing to learn. Can I get round it? and it so how ?Confused
When are you getting "Internal API error"
  • Obtaining the provisioning profile
  • Signing the .deb file?
  • Installing the signed file onto the Apple TV?

Also, are you running the latest tvOS and Xcode versions?
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
Thanks for the reply.

I'm running the latest version on both.

When I have my Apple TV plugged into my Mac and I use Xcode to side load it.The error is shown when trying to load it.
I am having the same issue. I also removed kodi because of an expired subscription and have purchased a one year developers license and am getting an "Internal API error" when I try to move the file over to the Apple tv.
I`ve the same issue when trying to load a signed ipa file to apple tv; both tv os and Xcode are with the latest versions
Did anyone get this worked out? I too am now getting this error and I have never had it before.

What certificate are you guys using (developer, distribution, developer Id application)
^
Trouble shot this myself and noticed that if I removed the previous version of kodi and installed fresh there would be no Internal IPA Error. Then I just pushed back the container and everything was good to go. I use Kodi to stream all my network files and starting from scratch would have been rough LOL.
(2017-07-08, 21:33)kavy Wrote: ^
Trouble shot this myself and noticed that if I removed the previous version of kodi and installed fresh there would be no Internal IPA Error. Then I just pushed back the container and everything was good to go. I use Kodi to stream all my network files and starting from scratch would have been rough LOL.

Hey Kavy,

Where can I save the 'container'? When I double click on the Kodi app (under Installed Apps) it opens the "container" window but it is empty ;(

Am I missing something? Is there some where else I can pick up the container for Kodi?
(2017-07-09, 06:21)devlinford Wrote:

Hey Kavy,

Where can I save the 'container'? When I double click on the Kodi app (under Installed Apps) it opens the "container" window but it is empty ;(

Am I missing something? Is there some where else I can pick up the container for Kodi?

In the device menu in Xcode single click on kodi under installed apps. Then below is a little gear beside the + and - buttons. That gear (settings) allows you to replace a container or pull a container. It allows me to bring all of my settings and apps back in one swoop if I ever do a reinstall. Because I change so many of my seasons artwork and adjust my skin to only show my networked music and videos it's welcomed to not start from scratch. I extract the container about once a month to keep it updated in case something bad happens with my install.
(2017-07-09, 06:32)kavy Wrote:
(2017-07-09, 06:21)devlinford Wrote:

Hey Kavy,

In the device menu in Xcode single click on kodi under installed apps. Then below is a little gear beside the + and - buttons. That gear (settings) allows you to replace a container or pull a container. It allows me to bring all of my settings and apps back in one swoop if I ever do a reinstall. Because I change so many of my seasons artwork and adjust my skin to only show my networked music and videos it's welcomed to not start from scratch. I extract the container about once a month to keep it updated in case something bad happens with my install.

Hey Kavy,

Thanks for the quick response. I opened up that window and it was empty but after leaving it open for a long time it eventually populated with data!!

Then I used the download container as you suggested, this is GREAT and allows me to deploy identical Kodi instances across multiple devices. So great...You rock. Now if I could just get around my provisioning profile hangup ;(

Thanks again for getting back!
Same issue with Internal IPA Error.

Xcode: Version 8.3.3 (8E3004b)
tvOS: 10.2.1
AppSigner: 1.9
Kodi file: kodi-20170703-1c88e5f--tvos.deb

I have a payed developer account and I cant for my life get it to work, tryed to removed certs, clean'ed xcode etc etc.
Worked with the file from this spring. (cant rember the date)

Kodi is uninstalled from the ATV. Any one got a suggestion?

Best reg.
//Nodrof
I'm having the same issue as Nodrof. Same versions, same files. I've tried two earlier .deb's so far, also with no success.

a

::edit: seems like the problem was due to using the wrong provisioning profile ID in IOS App Signer. I switched to my iPhone Developer Signing Certificate and everything worked as it should.
Did anyone figure out why the internal API error is showing when side loading Kodi to a new apple TV4 TVOS11 = If there is any comments, please help
I'm having the same issue - Apple TV 4K, High Sierra macOS 10.13.2, Xcode 9.2. Everything goes fine until the install phase when I get the API error message. I have a paid developer account. I didn't encounter the issue with the installation on my older Apple TV via cable.
I was also having the same issue. 

A really simple fix (for me at least):

Make sure to select tvOS on the beginning template screen of Xcode. It defaults to iOS and will cause the 'internal api error' fault if you do not select 'tvOS'

Hope that helps!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV 4 -Internal API error0