Kodi Krypton 17 installation troubleshooting
Exclamation 
Hi Guys,
How are you? First of all FYI i'm not very familiar with the MAC OS environment (sorry for that)
I have a mini mac running sierra OS. I had an installation of kodi krypton ver 15.1. I received while opening Cody A message saying that the new version is available for download from Kody.TV. I downloaded from the site code krypton version 17. When I opened the installation downloaded file, I received a question asking. If to overwrite or replace the existing file. I've chosen mistakenly the option to replace & from that point only. Errors occurred.
Each time i click the kodi icon found in the Applications folder (kodi was mounted to application), I rcv a msg "The last time you opened Kodi, it unexpectedly quit While reopening Windows. DO you want to try to reopen its
Windows again? Choosing "Reopen" pops up a msg saying "Kodi quit unexpectedly.Click Reopen to open the application again. Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple"

All my attempts to uninstall Kodi and reinstall it again brings me exactly to the same error message "The last time you opened Kodi, it unexpectedly quit While reopening Windows. DO you want to try to reopen its
Windows again?"

Can anyone please instruct me what is required to carry on in order to install correctly Kodi ver 17.1 and launch it successfully?

Appreciate your sincere and fast response.

Regards
Rafael Segev
I've been having the exact same problem on OS 10.12.4 on both my 2015 Macbook Pro and 2011 iMac ever since Kodi 17 was released a while ago. Nothing seems to be being fixed.
I fell into the same trap today on my mac mini, I uninstalled everything in desperation. Now my fresh Kodi install will not open, someone please post a solution.
same issue i'm running 2014 macbook pro with sierra 10.12.3 and i just got the msg that i had to update from jarvis and now i cant get krypton to run it keeps giving me the same error message
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=311058 forum is full of this - search next time please
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Same problem for me. I have a Macbook Pro OS 10.11.6 though.
And i can't do anything the http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=311058 forum talks about.
Same for me, when trying to follow below "fix"
Please help...........

IDENTIFY THE ERROR
1. Open the 'Console' app
2. In console, on the side bar 'Reports', select ~/Library/logs
3. Select the 'kodi.log' and locate the ERROR (the middle of the each log entry has a descriptor, look for ERROR. For me the error was logged as "[Addons27.db] SQL error or missing database")

ALLOW HIDDEN FILES TO BE SEEN
4. Open the 'Terminal' app
5. copy/paste this entry and hit enter: defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
6. While holding down the option key, right click finder in the dock and select 'Relaunch' (I do not have a mouse so do not understand how to do this)?????

LOCATE, COPY FOR DEVELOPERS & DELETE THE CORRUPTED FOLDER/FILE
7. Open a new finder window and go to this location; <your home folder>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/Database Note: Some users have mentioned that the Kodi folder is actually XBMC in that file path. Check for both.
8. You should be looking at a bunch of .db files.
9. !!We need your bad files!! Copy this folder onto your desktop and send it to the developers on this forum (they are yet to provide clear instructions for me to add here).
10. Open the folder and Delete the file that matches with the ERROR log (for me it was Addons27)
11. Keep the finder window open.

REBUILD MISSING DB FILE
12. Open the 'Kodi' app
13. You should see the deleted file be rebuilt on launch in the finder window.

Kodi should launch successfully.
Brick 
Hi there
I just installed the new Kodi 17.1, but can't really open it:

" The last time you opened Kodi, it unexpectedly quit while reopening windows. Do you want to try to reopen its windows again?"

It is not opening at all
I tried to remove it to trash and re install it back, still nothing (Same message as above)

Please help and thank you
By the way, I am using a Macbook pro mid 2012
If you follow those instructions they WILL work provided your running the required OSX version.
i have followed the steps to the point of
7. Open a new finder window and go to this location; <your home folder>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/Database Note: Some users have mentioned that the Kodi folder is actually XBMC in that file path. Check for both.

kodi isnt in the application support file on my MacBook. so now what do i do?
If you dont have the folder it means you dont have that problem? Try running kodi and if it fails check for the folder again?
Solved in this post - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=311058

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Krypton 17 installation troubleshooting1