Kodi won't work on Windows 10!!!
(2017-04-06, 04:46)homeboy49 Wrote:
(2017-04-05, 10:22)zz0vd6 Wrote:
(2017-04-05, 09:53)peppe_sr Wrote: you should read instead to write. read pages suggested about log.
as example yesterday i see a log of a kodi that doesn't start with a problem in addon27.db file. it was only 1kb. deleting that file and restarting all worked fine.

I saw that log, the question is where and how do I find that "addon27.db" file?

To Homeboy49, Read my 2nd paragraph in log# 40, and Richi suggestion in Log38(.then go to userdata -> Database and there should be a file Addons27. Just delete it and try to start kodi again.)
Mine won't work either,,,,Log File will only engage when kodi is opened,,right...but cant start up Kodi soooo,,,
(2017-04-06, 05:11)djmj12 Wrote: Log File will only engage when kodi is opened,,right...

Wrong...
Moanbag is in da place!
(2017-04-06, 05:11)djmj12 Wrote: Mine won't work either,,,,Log File will only engage when kodi is opened,,right...but cant start up Kodi soooo,,,

Djmj12, that was my first thought too, you can get the Kodi log in the computer C drive, to open c drive, press Window key along with the "R" key...please re-read my reply to Hoemboy49.
Here's what worked for me. (For Windows 10 machines)

1. Uninstall previous or current version of KODI completely using the uninstaller.

2. Go to File Explorer. Click on the empty section of the address bar such that you can type the following command
C:\Users\Your Username\%AppData%

3. Find the Kodi folder.

4. Delete the whole Kodi folder. (Dont be alarmed if it says 8000+ files will be deleted!)

5. Close File Explorer.

6. Restart system.

7. Download and Install KODI from http://kodi.tv/download

8. Reinstall all addons from scratch

These steps worked for me!
Looks like many people are having issues with the file "addons27.db"

In most Windows opertaing systems It's located in

C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Database\addons27.db

but for those that have installed the Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store this path is likely.

C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Database\addons27.db

Using windows explorer drill down to this and Delete the file.

This is only for Windows users that have issues installing and running Kodi out of the box first run.
Smile 
Thank you everyone for your support in trying to help

, I did finally get Kodi v17 to work by resorting to the last thing I wanted to do .

The solution is if you run into the problem I did : You need to delete all Kodi Files , : To do this look at every file and every folder or file that has the name Kodi in it you need to shred them using a file shredder program , then delete all kodi icons . after doing so Reboot your computer . Check to make sure that you didn't miss anything ( even photo and sound files ) . After everything is wiped clean and computer is restarted . Install Kodi then Run it after following all prompts Kodi should start up , exit and restart your system or computer .

Start kodi again go to system then enable Unknown sources . re-enable programs or go to file manager and click on add sources , and what you decided to add is up to you .

" If its not an official Kodi add-on the Team Kodi is not responsible for any problems you my have , Nor dose Kodi endorse or recommend you to add un-official Kodi sources "

Hope this helps , anyone who has had problems upgrading .

Thanks again to you all and if you have any questions I am willing to help the community in anyway I can

And Thanks to " TEAM KODI " for all your hard work in building a program which benefits us all .
@Satanh

Think I lost you at the file shredder, but glad it all worked out.
Running windows 10, Kodi 17.1 won't start. Tried to install it first on my older desktop computer, doesn't work. Tried my luck on my laptop, doesn' work here either. addons27.db fix does nothing. here's the debug log https://pastebin.com/2ybHr6NF
I appreciate all your help Smile
(2017-04-07, 18:38)PatK Wrote: @Satanh

File shredder is a program in one of my anti-malware programs . I find it very useful in cases where a program or file like adchoices that are not classified as malware and therefore they don't get wiped from your computer.
(2017-04-07, 20:57)Satanh Wrote:

File shredder is a program in one of my anti-malware programs . I find it very useful in cases where a program or file like adchoices that are not classified as malware and therefore they don't get wiped from your computer.

Nice find m8 and its free without "spam-ware"
wops i was a bit fast there
=BEWARE TRIES TO INSTALL OTHER SOFTWARE"
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons
Hi Guys if you had trouble with Kodi re booting after 17.1 up date
go to % app thing on other blogs and find Kodi file delete complete file down load new kodi mine worked.
Make sure there are no playstation controllers in device manager.
If so delete them. Had the same problem and found this solution.
All I had done was charge one from the usb port and it was automatically installed. So check that out it worked for me.

Sent from my Q102A-8X
(2017-04-07, 21:38)kimkl Wrote:
(2017-04-07, 20:57)Satanh Wrote:

Nice find m8 and its free without "spam-ware"
wops i was a bit fast there
=BEWARE TRIES TO INSTALL OTHER SOFTWARE"

Yes you do need to unmark some things before installing , Thanks for pointing that out .

Update to my fix , it only worked for a few days , Follow my other post I give another fix . The URLResolver fixes the issue for good , on any system , I posted this fix on one of the other forums here so just track my posts and you will see , Cool

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi won't work on Windows 10!!!0