VPN Conflict with PVR
Is anyone else having problems using PVR while VPN is connected?
I installed IPvanish on Amazon Fire TV Stick today and noticed that the channels and guide dont load in Kodi when it is connected.
- ?
Why did you install a VPN?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
If it works with VPN off it's not our problem.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
I'm confused by this.
There are plenty of reasons someone might want to install a vpn.
'If you've nothing to hide you've nothing to fear' seems to be the attitude expressed here, but even if that were true so what?
There are a ton of discussions here about things that aren't 'officially supported' - so not Team Kodi's problem. Why not just let anyone who's using a vpn / pvr combination post about their experiences?
I don't use one, but I'd be interested to follow a discussion - should I have to go to a 'dodgy' site for that?
Edit: I suppose what I'm saying is I don't get what all the fuss is about most times someone mentions VPNs. There are threads in the back-catologue, but they're horrible to search for unless you go via google.
I'm just getting to learn what I can do with Kodi and learned that ISP providers may block certain content or limit streaming etc.. Thought I would give it a go to see whats out there. Nothing illicit of course but if my employer uses VPN's for security - I can do the same. Switching in an out of VPN with PVR schedule loaded causes Kodi to lock up. Just seeking opinion from a more experienced user base.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VPN Conflict with PVR0