Unusal mouse movement kodi 17.1
Hello
I am using kodi Krypton 17.1 on windows.
Where attempting to move the cursor past the mid point of the list triggers an uncontrolled auto-scroll that takes you towards the end of the list, and if you try moving up past the the halfway point, the opposite occurs and you fast Scrolling towards the top.
Is there any solution to the problem above?
You'll need to expand, I'm afraid. I see no such problem on 17.1/Win10/Estuary, so it may be a skin/platform issue.

I'm not sure if a debug log (wiki) would be helpful, but it might be.
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
No issue here, wondering what kind of mouse you have, might want to reset the mouse settings in the o/s, reset the Kodi input settings in system, and look at the hardware for an explanation (mouse of course). I should mention as most of us know, Kodi is famous for it's 10 foot interface with a remote.
Thanks
I am using a Microsoft basic optical mouse v 2.0.
I had no problems with this mouse with kodi 16.1 Jarvis.
I am on 17.1/Win10/Estuary.
Have you got anything to suggest?
The only answer you will get: does not come from kodi

The only suggestion you will get: use something else to controle kodi

Has been a little bit reduce but will never be fix has it seems it does not come from kodi (it's well known that a mouse driver can trigger autoscroll in a software that does not have code for it...)

Crap!
Will probably have a new group title for opening my mouth again...
Moanbag is in da place!
1. Kodi 17.1
2. Windows 7 Service Pack 1
3. x64
4. 16GB RAM
5. Navigate a long list of items (shows or movies) by hovering the mouse over the list (without clicking)
6. Details of all devices relevant to the problem
7. tested on a fresh install

> GUI Problems (Navigation, Finding options, Setup, Labels, etc):

Scrolling when hovering over items is insanely fast. it makes navigation impossible for novice users (ie. wife and kids)

Originally thought it was because of Amber, but happens on Estuary too

here's a video of it on jarvis/kodi 16 vs krypton/kodi 17

edit: had the video links mixed up
Usually it's the converse, people are complaining the scroll is too slow! I have seen this issue, don't know if there is a fix, other than to say it doesn't happen with my logitech wireless mouse (but there is a lot of settable parameters on this guy) but on occasion I get some movement oddity, and usually a click into the skin settles out the issue (scrolling & mouse movement can be skin oriented). Keyboard arrow keys have never failed me, and of course the big elephant in the room, the remote a 10-foot user interface for use with televisions and remote controls.

Suggestion: see if there's an updated mouse driver (settings should be controlled by program), or consider a remote.
Hi PatK,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

We're using the keyboard, but it definitely makes it difficult for navigation when trying to right click on a certain show to perform actions (such as changing backgrounds, checking actor information, scan for new content, etc).

The mouse drivers are the generic wired ones from Microsoft, so no luck on getting an update there.

If it's dependent on the drivers, it may be a case of some drivers feeding input too often and others not often enough?

Would you mind uploading a video of what the scrolling looks like for you?
Worst case scenario is I might have to take a look into submitting a patch so it behaves more like yours
Have a look in the mouse setting to check if you have some sort of mouse acceleration or game implementation. There's also the possibility that your graphic card (which handles all display, mouse included) may have a setting that is global or local program control (worth a look). You never mentioned what skin you have, try another skin and see if the behaviour changes. Considering the keyboard controls seem functional the focus moves to the mouse, and I'm starting to suspect the hardware (look carefully at the point the tail joins the body). would be great if you could throw on another one to eliminate that part of this mystery.

I think we've all had erratic mouse behaviour, usually some spot of dust or frayed wire, and sometimes the port with support chips have given up the magic smoke. You have an LED, Laser or Ball mouse? Your experience with this mouse is not common.

Quote:If it's dependent on the drivers, it may be a case of some drivers feeding input too often and others not often enough?
I don't think it's as simple as that, if indeed it's software then likely suspects would be the interaction between the chips that handle the pointer, and the graphic development software and I serious doubt a Kodi patch would bring this inline.

Perhaps a proper debug log while mousing around the menus/lists might shed a bit of information.
I am having the same issue. I had no issue with Jarvis but have had it for 17.1 RC and stable. Moving the mouse over a list item is unstable as it will run away either up or down. Wheel mouse is also erratic and if you can get the mouse pointer on the left edge of the list you can scroll if you are steady.

Windows 10 Pro, Logitech Mouse
Just a suggestion as I have the same issues with scrolling in that view on any skin I have tried....don't use a mouse and keyboard. Particularly if you're viewing on a TV screen. I spent 23.00 on a USB device called a Flirc and I had an old WDTV Live Hub remote. The Flirc allows you to use the IR codes from the remote and program them to keyboard commands. Example: If you want the STOP play button on the remote to stop the video you program it to send "X", PAUSE would be a "SPACE" bar programmed to the pause button on the remote. It's been the BEST investment I have made for my system. Some older remotes you may have about the house might work for this but I found that I can hit the Flirc with the IR signal from the WD remote with the Flirc plugged in to a USB socket that is on the side of my HTPC (Zotac BI320). I also use a Harmony 880 programmable remote for the same reason, it has a strong IR beam. So, if you do get one of these Flirc's and the remote's you try to use aren't strong enough, don't blame the Flirc. Try a better remote. If it has to be semi-concealed you CAN get a USB extension cable, plug the Flirc into it and then point it towards where you'll be using the remote. For viewing on a TV screen it's the best...I'll never go back to keyboards and mice.
(2017-04-18, 07:50)Dingleberry64 Wrote: I am having the same issue. I had no issue with Jarvis but have had it for 17.1 RC and stable. Moving the mouse over a list item is unstable as it will run away either up or down. Wheel mouse is also erratic and if you can get the mouse pointer on the left edge of the list you can scroll if you are steady.

Windows 10 Pro, Logitech Mouse
What skin and view are you using (have you tried another skin?) can you try to either roll back or update the mouse driver?
The same thing happens to me on android box with android 5.1 and Krypton 17.1. On windows 10 I have not noticed I have a remote mce.
(2017-04-18, 04:51)PatK Wrote: Have a look in the mouse setting to check if you have some sort of mouse acceleration or game implementation.

Definitely disabled mouse acceleration, I can't stand it.

(2017-04-18, 04:51)PatK Wrote: You never mentioned what skin you have, try another skin and see if the behaviour changes.

Mentioned in OP
> Originally thought it was because of Amber, but happens on Estuary too

(2017-04-18, 04:51)PatK Wrote: Considering the keyboard controls seem functional the focus moves to the mouse, and I'm starting to suspect the hardware (look carefully at the point the tail joins the body). would be great if you could throw on another one to eliminate that part of this mystery.

Sorry Pat, not quite sure what you mean by this one. Mind explaining it a bit more?

(2017-04-18, 04:51)PatK Wrote: I think we've all had erratic mouse behaviour, usually some spot of dust or frayed wire, and sometimes the port with support chips have given up the magic smoke. You have an LED, Laser or Ball mouse? Your experience with this mouse is not common.

Actually, I've got a Microsoft Bluetrack mouse. Have a feeling this clue might lead somewhere.

(2017-04-18, 04:51)PatK Wrote: Perhaps a proper debug log while mousing around the menus/lists might shed a bit of information.

I'll see what I can find. What verbosity level should I set for that?
Try a different mouse if you have access to another one, like to eliminate the hardware as source of issue.

Quote:Actually, I've got a Microsoft Bluetrack mouse. Have a feeling this clue might lead somewhere.

And by that statement, sounds like we might be on to something? Debug log is probably not going to show much, <loglevel>2</loglevel>, I did find someone else with something similar,

I'm going to merge these threads in some hope of a eureka moment.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unusal mouse movement kodi 17.10