Native open source iPhone App for XBMC control in development
Its a shame.. I have a 3G phone with 2.0.

I thought I saw somewhere that a 2.0 compatible SDK was leaked.
The API differences between 1.1.4 and 2.0 is pretty substantial, hence why there is no Installer.app for 2.0. So basically, all applications will need to be ported to be 2.0 compatible.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

There may be some hope. There is a "compatibility" toolchain that allows compilation of 1.1.x apps for FW 2.0 with minimal code changes. Will try it out in the next couple of days.
The build for 2.0 FW is now working. Add the following URL as a source in Cydia, and you should see XBMCControl in the Multimedia package section.

http://home.austin.rr.com/jsavage/iphone/Cydia/

I haven't been able to fully test everything out in the 2.0 FW yet, so report any issues you find at http://code.google.com/p/iphone-xbmc-con...ssues/list
I really do wish I knew how to assist you in programming with this, but alas, I don't. This is absolutely awesome work and I can't wait to see where you take it.

Cheers,

Jason.
Just installed it on my 3G iPhone. Will test it when I get home. Thanks!!!
TV Mosaic on Windows 10 as PVR Backend |Β  1 RaspberryPI 3 Client (LibreElec) | Amazon FireTV box | 5 Amazon FireTV sticks | FireTV Cube | 2 Nvidia Shield TV
Tuners: HD HomeRun 4 ATSC (OTA) | IPTV
I just had to register to say awesome job and thank you s4v4g3!
You've done some great things with this program and like ewequeone, I cannot wait to see what else do decide to add on.

It worked perfectly first try :-)
Thumbs Up 
imthewa1rus Wrote:I just had to register to say awesome job and thank you s4v4g3!
You've done some great things with this program and like ewequeone, I cannot wait to see what else do decide to add on.

It worked perfectly first try :-)

Same here,
found the project after googleing "xbmc iphone" to see if anyone already worked on it and I've been amazed to see what the software already do.

can't wait to have the "Video" support.

great job.
Video support will be available soon, since it will be almost identical to the Music view.

Please add comments to the feature summary page on the project wiki to help me to prioritize which features to add first:

http://code.google.com/p/iphone-xbmc-con...ureSummary

Also, it's likely that future releases will only support FW 2.0.x, since I've updated my ipod touch to FW 2.0 and can't test on 1.1.x anymore.
Any chance you could add some simple skinning/theming support?

Cool
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I've been following this thread anxiously for a while now and finally installed it on iPhone 2.0 - and working SWELL! Laugh

Some observations:

Even though 'Videos' view isn't yet implemented, once a video is playing then the 'Now Playing' feature works fine (can pause/play/etc.) - GREAT! Nod

Navigating to 'Playlists' under the 'Music' folder always crashes the app to the home screen. Huh

I can navigate through Last.FM and Shoutcast plugins fine but the 'Play | Queue | Get Info' bar doesn't appear when selecting a station so I can't open/play them. Oo

Thansk s4v4g3 - keep up the AWESOME WORK! Big Grin
𝕗𝕒𝕀π•₯π••π•¦π•žπ•‘
ⒽⓉⓅⒸ Intel NUC 5i5RYK | Win10 | Kodi 18.nightly | GΠ―iD 2.3.5
β“ƒβ’Άβ“ˆ Synology DiskStation | DSM 6.2 | AverMedia A835 USB Dual DVB-T Tuner | TvHeadend 4.x
Can this app function as a remote with basic up down left right select etc? That would be a handy little feature while you are working on implementing video and pictures etc.
Easy access buttons for "Love it" and "Hate it" while playing music (or music video) for LastFM.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
don't want to pressure you, but any updates? Smile

cheers,

jason.
Sorry, have been on vacation, so there's no new version yet. Have spent some time refactoring and porting the code a bit at a time to the official iPhone SDK. I will shoot for a new release by this weekend with a couple of new features.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Native open source iPhone App for XBMC control in development0