MacOS 10.12.4
Cannot open Kodi 17.1with the latest Mac OS update. Tried on Mac Air and on MacPro. Neither works.
Maybe http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=311058 helps.
Otherwise you must post a Debug log (wiki).
If you told a mechanic my cars broken and no other info where would he start? post a debug log as requested
17.1 works fine here on 10.12.4, just can't open it with apple remote. But manually launching it, it works fine. Using a Mac Mini here, but that shouldn't matter. Like the other post basically says, I just go under ~/Library/Application Support/Kodi and move that folder to my desktop and then relaunch Kodi. That will basically reset Kodi on Mac OS. So be prepared to set everything up again the way you like.
I found this post because I have the same problem. Updated my MAC because I thought the new kodi version only works with MACOS 10.12.4. But Kodi crashed also before updating my Mac.

Kodi 16.1 works fine, kodi 17.1 crash before starting up.

Where can I upload / mail the crash report ?

For now I'm using 16.1 until you guys have me another new version which is working.

Greetings
How about reading that big fat sticky thread at the top of this forum which is about Kodi 17.1 not starting up?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MacOS 10.12.40