VPN questions from a noob
I just discovered Kodi and I have read that it is recommended to use a VPN so that the ISP doesn't throttle back my service. I have 2 questions:

1. Will adding a VPN to my Firestick affect, in any way, any other computer that is in my wifi network?
2. And, I see there are choices on VPN on who to use. What is the best way to go ?

Thanks!
Quote:I just discovered Kodi and I have read that it is recommended to use a VPN

Where did you read that? Can you post the link please.

The main reason to use a VPN is to avoid geo-blocking or to safely stream pirated movies. If this is the case, then we cannot assist you.

Of course there are legitimate uses for it, so to avoid your thread being sent to the Garbage Bin, please re-read the Banned Addons section of the Forum Rules here... http://kodi.wiki/view/Banned_Add-ons

If your question does not relate to any type of Piracy Add-on, then please advise us.
Not sure where I read that it was recommended. My only concern was to not be throttled back and ruin my experience
How about the rest of my comments, and the link I provided?

Did you do anything with those?
The questions you asked are not specifically related to Kodi.

I would suggest you contact your VPN provider for help on your questions.
Thread moved to off topic.

We do not recommend the usage of a VPN with Kodi.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VPN questions from a noob0