Why doesn't kodi buffer when paused anymore?
Kodi used to buffer when it was paused but it doesn't seem to anymore?

Am I missing a setting somewhere or did they take this out? I hope they didn't, that will make it worse to try to watch stuff if I have to wait for it to buffer on it's own which never happens it just goes into a sort of slow motion instead of pausing itself and buffering properly.

So I hope 17 will still do this. Haven't been all that happy with it, may have to downgrade to 16 except 17 has the https stuff in it and I guess 16 didn't but 16 seemed to work a lot better in my opinion.
What are you trying to watch? Which source and/or addon?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Kodi has never buffered when paused (except to a tiny extent AFAIK) unless you used an advancedsettings.xml file in kodi/userdata to modify video cache settings.
If that's the case then look in the wiki for the changes to video cache settings in krypton and update your file.
Hi, has anyone solved this?

I've just updated to 17.3 in an android tv box. Prior to this, running 16.1 with cachemembuffer (0) I could fill the cache with a show while paused and then watch it glitch free. ( It didn't matter how long it took to load the show, from some sources up to an hour ). 17.3 upgrade doesn't do this?. have another box still running 16.1 which still buffers- up to an entire movie if you throw enough memory at it.
Buffering while paused. I think I have this sorted. With 17.3 ( my version anyway ) the download/cache indicator on the bottom of the screen stops going solid white a short way into the buffering process so it appears that it has stopped. In fact it seems the process continues as I can jump to any part of the video and start playing immediately. This may help some of you?

Apparently 17 changed the location of the cache/buffer settings but with 17.3 it seems they are back under "Network" in advanced settings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why doesn't kodi buffer when paused anymore?0