[OPENSUBTITLES] Error while searching or displaying wrong subs
Hi,

I have a Beelink MINI MXIII-II TV box. I used it for a couple of months and everything was working fine. Yesterday I upgraded Kodi from 16.1 to 17.1 and after that subtitles from opensubtitles stopped working. I had a message "Error searching for subtitles". Sometimes the search did work but the result was not as expected - subtitles for Game of thrones showed up but I was playing different movies. I thought it was an issue with Kodi so I downgraded it to 16.1, configured everything once again but I have the same issue with opensubtitles Sad Please help. I'm from Poland so my preferred subtitles language is set to Polish.
have the same problem here and using 17.1 kodi. i think something wrong with opensubtitles
i read somewhere to download the zip from opensubtitles and not from the kodi repo.
i tried this and it helped some but still get many errors and have to retry many times and still get many subtitles but at least this time the correct sub is on the top of the list.
anybody else have problems with opensubtitles ?
I have some problem! All time I have note: "Errorr searching gor subtitles. Your opensubtitles username or password is empty or not valid".
Same things is with all videos!
I was reinstall KODI 17.1 and problem is still present!
yeah i now notice that using the zip from opensubtitles website is not working either, it is giving me error (however not the log in error) just error for searching subtitle and after many retries it gives me a bunch of hits from series that has nothing to do with the episode.
Yup. Same issue here. Problem started about 3-4 weeks ago (I think). It's persisted from KODI 16 thru 17.0 and 17.1 (I've only recently upgraded to 17.x). The odd thing for me is that it works sometimes. I haven't figured out the pattern though - could there be a daily/weekly limit over at Opensubtitles? I've also got to wonder if Opensubtitles can get saturated.
Yes I have the same problem. Nice fresh install of 16.1 (I avoid 17.1). When using opensubtitles.org the log entry shows an error like this "error connecting to TMDB : not authorized (401)"
Should have fully checked before posting here. Seems this other thread is tracking this issue (link is to post #285). The most recent posts date from mid Feb but there's been no follow-up post to say that the issue has been resolved so I can only assume that it hasn't. It does appear to be a saturation issue. I guess we wait.
(2017-04-08, 15:55)beaurob Wrote: Should have fully checked before posting here. Seems this other thread is tracking this issue (link is to post #285). The most recent posts date from mid Feb but there's been no follow-up post to say that the issue has been resolved so I can only assume that it hasn't. It does appear to be a saturation issue. I guess we wait.

the main question is, what is the second best alternative ?
Archimedes -- I also use the Super Subtitles addon ... but admittedly have had very limited luck with it. And I've also had some success with the Ororo TV Subtitles service. Hope this helps in the meantime.

Machariel -- I'm not sure that this is necessarily linked to the Opensubtitles issue ... although who knows how Opensubtitles and TMDB are linked. To ask the obvious (sorry), have you tried your TMDB credentials (which I'm assuming you've entered somewhere in KODI) on TMDB's web site?
(2017-04-08, 16:10)beaurob Wrote: Machariel -- I'm not sure that this is necessarily linked to the Opensubtitles issue ... although who knows how Opensubtitles and TMDB are linked. To ask the obvious (sorry), have you tried your TMDB credentials (which I'm assuming you've entered somewhere in KODI) on TMDB's web site?

No, I didn't had to before. It worked only a week ago. So where would I need to add the credentials in Kodi?

And yes, it quite looks like it's somehow Opensubtitles-related. For example Subscene and Podnapisi works just fine.
Smile 
(2017-04-08, 16:29)Machariel Wrote: No, I didn't had to before. It worked only a week ago. So where would I need to add the credentials in Kodi?

And yes, it quite looks like it's somehow Opensubtitles-related. For example Subscene and Podnapisi works just fine.

If you haven't been using your own TMDB credentials then I suspect that you're correct in that this may indeed be an Opensubtitles issue somehow. As to actually entering those credentials in Kodi, I simply thought that perhaps one of your addons required this - this is probably not the case. Apologies for the red herring.
(2017-04-08, 18:48)beaurob Wrote:
(2017-04-08, 16:29)Machariel Wrote: No, I didn't had to before. It worked only a week ago. So where would I need to add the credentials in Kodi?

If you haven't been using your own TMDB credentials then I suspect that you're correct in that this may indeed be an Opensubtitles issue somehow. As to actually entering those credentials in Kodi, I simply thought that perhaps one of your addons required this - this is probably not the case. Apologies for the red herring.
No biggie. Help is appreciated!
(2017-04-08, 13:08)isbjorn Wrote: Hi,

I have a Beelink MINI MXIII-II TV box. I used it for a couple of months and everything was working fine. Yesterday I upgraded Kodi from 16.1 to 17.1 and after that subtitles from opensubtitles stopped working. I had a message "Error searching for subtitles". Sometimes the search did work but the result was not as expected - subtitles for Game of thrones showed up but I was playing different movies. I thought it was an issue with Kodi so I downgraded it to 16.1, configured everything once again but I have the same issue with opensubtitles Sad Please help. I'm from Poland so my preferred subtitles language is set to Polish.

Two days ago everything was fine with subtitles I got - but now big list with subtitles of Game of thrones is the only thing I get. Who will help to solve this issue?
hello
i was say cause at the beginning of the month opensubtitles site it was work very slow
Somme times i was see on site maintenance mode .. that mean (i guess) the site it has to be change
when the message it was dissapear and she site it was work the kodi subtitle plugin it does not work
maybe the script from kodi does not cowl better now ..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OPENSUBTITLES] Error while searching or displaying wrong subs0