Mayday mayday, clumsy Newbie needs help
Hello people,
I could really use some help from someone who is more experienced at this with greater knowledge, understanding and skill set than I have. Which simply put is basically everyone else on here.

I took on the challenge of putting kodi on a fire-stick, and setting about customising it for my own tastes and such. Slowly it's been advancing, my a couple of boo-boo's along the way but wasn't too concerned thinking I could figure out and resolve it with time and research. That was until today.

Have no idea what I've done to it but it's gone all funky. Basically when the app is opened. Kodi will function as usual for approx between 45-60 seconds the freezes. And I mean titanic iceberg style frozen, ain't nothing shifting.

I thought before throwing in the towel, andperforn a factory reset the device, I'd have a sniff about see if I can figure out what the f happened. I didn't expect much as like I say I'm worse than useless with tech but god loves a trier.
Anyway, don't know if I've inadvertently struck gold and stumbled upon the cause of all my woes.
I just need someone to verify one way or another for me.

Basically while poking about in es launcher I came across a settings file I'm assuming. It's not that I understand any of the bumph that's written there. However finding a particular whatsit's 'status' as being 'disable' is kinda obvious as to its meaning. Well anyway in this file literally (and that's not an exaggeration, I mean literally) every whatsit's listed in the erm list 'status' is 'disabled' (Apologies for use of the generic term whatsit's but it's because I genuinely don't know what it is im looking at). I'm attaching a pic of the screen (with luck) can anyone take a look and explain for me in simple terms what it's all about?

Thanks in advance to any and all who take some time to try and help me. I really would be extremely grateful. For everyone who's posturing that this thread is a load of old twaddle... in a manner you're probably right. But I'm hoping between the attempts of humour, blatant clarity of my 'total beginner status' with an embarrassingly poor level of knowledge and understanding, and what I hoping evidently deducible by the by the vernacular of my language that you realise this is not a joke, spoof or prank.
[/quote]
Apologies but can't work out how to add a pic. To be able to show what I'm referring to. Undecided[/code][/php]
It would help if you described what "customisation" you have done to your installation. Without some basic information there is nothing we can do but guess.

Even better would be to produce a Debug log (wiki) but you'll have to follow the instructions to do that manually as your install is unresponsive.

Of course you could just clear the data for Kodi in the Fire Stick apps settings. This will wipe Kodi as if you've just installed it.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Can you please try to provide a debug log (wiki) via pastebin
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mayday mayday, clumsy Newbie needs help0