Curiously Consistent Kodi Crashing
I have a problem whereby Kodi crashes with what might be called almost absolute consistency. Let's say I put a movie on. I can pause it, restart it, watch it to the end. No problem. But then I can practically guarantee that Kodi will freeze. I am using Kodi 17.1 with the stock Estuary skin, on an Nvidia Shield media player. I will have to go to Menu, Settings, Apps, Kodi, Force Stop, then Start. Then I can watch another movie, TV episode etc. Then, when that episode has played - I have to go through the same procedure. View, Force Stop, Restart, Repeat. Sometimes I will get a freeze while doing something within the interface, but that it quite a bit rarer - for example, I can't change the Weather units from Centigrade to Fahrenheit - that always produces a freeze (no pun intended).
Any ideas? I've kind of got used to doing things this way now, but it would be nice to not have this problem. By the way, I also have Kodi on a windows 10 PC, connected to the same NAS etc, and I have had absolutely no issues whatsoever with that setup. Only on the Shield.
debug log (wiki) will be needed
Moanbag is in da place!
OK, I will get right on that. Thanks Smile
I have the exact same problem and it is intensely irritating. I hope you're able to find a solution.
(2017-05-01, 06:09)BayoD Wrote: I have the exact same problem and it is intensely irritating. I hope you're able to find a solution.

The original poster never came back with a debug log. Maybe you can provide one, otherwise it will become just another forgotten thread.
I will have to figure out how to do that! I' will have a look on the net for some tips.
or you could just read the instructions in the wiki... http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy
Hi - Original Poster here! Well, I had really got to the point where I was beginning to feel the game simply wasn't worth the candle as far as Kodi was concerned, but I decided to try a strategy that has sometimes worked with windows pcs- I uninstalled Kodi, then reinstalled it. No joy. Same again - this time, everything seems to be absolutely fine! Of course, having said this, the wheels will probably come flying off next time I start it up, but, as of now, Kodi is working exactly as advertised. I should point out that this was the Kodi-on-NVidia-Shield that was playing up; Kodi on windows 10 (and 7) has always been pretty well-behaved (I have sometimes experienced some problems setting up the connection to the NAS). This type of 'just keep doing it' approach, while somewhat unsatisfactory and unscientific, is a well-known technique for long-time windows users, and, on this occasion at least, has paid off. Good Luck!
P.S Kodi still seems less trouble than Plex - I just shook my head and sadly walked away from that...
Yeah - kodi gets worse daily as it is used by users that are not even able to click on Debug Log and provide needed information but have time for walls of text.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Curiously Consistent Kodi Crashing0