Default Icons, can we have them make sense?
  • All the upper nodes in the music library are set to use DefaultNetwork.png (why?) even though there are icons available for all of them like DefaultRecentlyaddedAlbums.png for example
  • The same goes for the video library.
  • In movies, all nodes are set to use DefaultFolder.png. There are icons like DefaultRecentlyAddedMovies.png and such, none of them are put to use here
  • Movie titles are set to DefaultVideo.png, why not DefaultMovieTitle.png?
  • The nodes in Pictures are set to use DefaultHardDisk.png (why?) As generic icons DefaultFolder.png would make way more sense
Thought I was going mad, noticed this too the other day... Especially the network and harddisk ones, what that all about ??
They should also be separate to the textures.xbt, preferably in a /extras folder that can allow for themes /offtopic.
Are we talking about custom nodes here? Because all the icons work fine for me in the music library with the default nodes... I feel like I'm missing something here Huh

Also, recently added music is called: DefaultMusicRecentlyAdded.png
(which is an inconsistent naming scheme as movies is DefaultRecentlyAddedMovies.png Rolleyes )

(2017-04-10, 22:52)badaas Wrote: They should also be separate to the textures.xbt, preferably in a /extras folder that can allow for themes /offtopic.

I think a resource add-on would be the best way. But yeah +1 for this - would also prevent unnecessary duplication of icon packs as different skins can use the same resource add-on similar to how weather/genre/studios etc. are now done. You would just need somewhere, say Defaults.xml, to define the default path.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2017-04-11, 04:00)jurialmunkey Wrote: Are we talking about custom nodes here? Because all the icons work fine for me in the music library with the default nodes...
No custom nodes

Quote:I feel like I'm missing something here Huh
Can't blame you Wink

Checking with a different skin left me even more puzzled. There seems to be a difference between what icon texture the node actually uses and what the icon label reports it is using.

I am working on a new skin which uses icon fonts instead of textures. So I am using the labels to look up what icon is expected. I have modified the debug overlay in fTV to illustrate:

(clickable)

See the upper left, that label is showing

Code:
$INFO[ListItem.ActualIcon] / $INFO[ListItem.Icon]

even though, indeed, the actual icon textures shown here are correct.
Oh I see what you mean now.
Did a few tests and used in a label control ListItem.ActualIcon shows DefaultNetwork.png
However, when it is used in an image control it displays the icon that ListItem.Icon reports instead -- only in the music library though, at the base of videos it shows DefaultNetwork... very odd.

I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that the Default icons have fallbacks to other Default icons themselves?

On a related note, in looking through my code I realised I've come across this issue before. Was trying to do a String.IsEqual(ListItem.Icon,ListItem.ActualIcon) to check if the icon was a default icon and it wasn't working, so my workaround was to use String.StartsWith on ListItem.Icon to check if its a Default.
Code:
String.StartsWith(ListItem.Icon,Default)
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2017-04-11, 04:00)jurialmunkey Wrote: ...

(2017-04-10, 22:52)badaas Wrote: They should also be separate to the textures.xbt, preferably in a /extras folder that can allow for themes /offtopic.

I think a resource add-on would be the best way. But yeah +1 for this - would also prevent unnecessary duplication of icon packs as different skins can use the same resource add-on similar to how weather/genre/studios etc. are now done. You would just need somewhere, say Defaults.xml, to define the default path.

Packs would be good, save me working Big Grin
ATM I intercept them with colorbox, then use a custom user defined path for the icons.
Hence like jeroen I noticed the wrong images.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Default Icons, can we have them make sense?0