Problem with Widgets Contantly refreshing
When On Kodi 16.1 and using the Titan Skin, The widgets never refreshed on their own after
Kodi was up and running. Now on Kodi 17.1 using the 3.7.59 Beta skin, every time I play a movie,
the widgets refresh again. I don't mind waiting on the Kodi initials load for the widgets to load, but
if they refresh every time I play a movie it becomes unusable for me. I have about 8 widget rows.

I did see a setting to force widget refresh but it is not checked. I tried checking an unchecking to
see if it would have an effect but it did not. Is this a bug?

The other issue I have seen is with any dialogue box that just has an "OK" button. Example, I clear my cache
from an addon and then get a message it has been done and to press "OK". the ok should be displayed
in red due to my color scheme but it is darkened out. If I hit my Firetv back button I can return to where
I was was. I also see a spinning wheel when I get the darkened out "OK" button. I have seen this
behavior with any addon that has an "OK" button in it's dialogue.

I am using the Netflix Large Poster view.

Thanks.
The widget refreshes are there for a reason, so your widgets will always display the correct media and their properties.
For example if you started watching something, it's good that you can instantly resume it from the widget, right ?

In the past I had lots if complaints from people that their widgets weren't updated if they changed something (watching a movie is also a change). Now that I found the way to always update them after changes, there are also complaints :-)

I will look at this next week to maybe make the aggressive update optional.
I think the widgets refreshing are a good thing but when I load up kodi in the evening I don't see the need to refresh the widgets everyone I watch something. The widgets aren't going to change every hour. The other problem I have found is withe the setting for the background. The setting says to allow addons to change the background widget. I keep it turned off but but it is randomly turning back on and changing to the default skin widget. Thanks for all your hard work. The Titan skin is my favorite!
Watching something = change to the database (resume point) and thus the widget needs refreshing.
I will introduce a new option somewhere this week to have a less aggresive refreshing of widgets.

As for your second question, I'm notr sure I understand what you mean...
Can you please explain in a little more detail what you mean with that ?
(2017-04-24, 10:16)marcelveldt Wrote: Watching something = change to the database (resume point) and thus the widget needs refreshing.
I will introduce a new option somewhere this week to have a less aggresive refreshing of widgets.

As for your second question, I'm notr sure I understand what you mean...
Can you please explain in a little more detail what you mean with that ?

I wonder if having an option to not have widgets go transparent while refreshing would be a better idea. It's probably the visual disruption that is the problem
I like disaacso's idea. A background refresh and not having the Widget's go transparent sounds like a great idea.
Hi,

is there any update on this?

thanks
Sorry, been busy with personal life last weeks but now have some more free time again. Will look into the request later this week.
(2017-05-18, 00:14)marcelveldt Wrote: Sorry, been busy with personal life last weeks but now have some more free time again. Will look into the request later this week.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
(2017-04-24, 00:31)marcelveldt Wrote: The widget refreshes are there for a reason, so your widgets will always display the correct media and their properties.
For example if you started watching something, it's good that you can instantly resume it from the widget, right ?

In the past I had lots if complaints from people that their widgets weren't updated if they changed something (watching a movie is also a change). Now that I found the way to always update them after changes, there are also complaints :-)

I will look at this next week to maybe make the aggressive update optional.

I would greatly appreciate an option to turn off the aggressive update. As a fire stick user it's already super slow and having the amount of widgets I do the refresh takes upwards of 2 minutes. Thank you very much for all your work.
I'll second that! This feature is very much appreciated as well as your good work on the Titan Skin
(2017-05-18, 00:14)marcelveldt Wrote: Sorry, been busy with personal life last weeks but now have some more free time again. Will look into the request later this week.

Have you been able to look into an option to disable the widgets auto refreshing?
(2017-05-25, 02:09)Redan21 Wrote:

Have you been able to look into an option to disable the widgets auto refreshing?

I'm using the beta version & widget auto refresh can be turned off on each widget independently

Sent from my iPhone
where do you find this setting?

edit: there is a default option: force auto refresh widget. however thats disabled per default and not the problem being discussed here
Ok I'm mistaken [emoji52]

I have this option enabled & suffer the consequences (very aggressive refreshing)

I assumed when disabled widgets would only refresh when the skin reloaded (like my previous skin)

Sent from my iPhone

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with Widgets Contantly refreshing1